Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Jerry James

Default RPM version goes backward in Rawhide

I just did a "package-cleanup --orphans" on my Rawhide machine to see
which of the just-blocked packages are installed there. To my
surprise, I got this:

# package-cleanup --orphans
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
[snip stuff that I need to take care of]
rpm-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
rpm-build-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
rpm-build-libs-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
rpm-devel-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
rpm-libs-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
rpm-python-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
# repoquery rpm
rpm-0:4.9.0-10.fc16.x86_64

Was this intentional?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/

Old 07-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Tomas Mraz

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 13:59 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> I just did a "package-cleanup --orphans" on my Rawhide machine to see
> which of the just-blocked packages are installed there. To my
> surprise, I got this:
>
> # package-cleanup --orphans
> Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> [snip stuff that I need to take care of]
> rpm-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-build-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-build-libs-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-devel-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-libs-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-python-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> # repoquery rpm
> rpm-0:4.9.0-10.fc16.x86_64
>
> Was this intentional?

Yes, rpm-4.9.1 has seriously broken rpmbuild process.
--
Tomas Mraz
Turkish proverb

Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:59:51 -0600, JJ (Jerry) wrote:

> I just did a "package-cleanup --orphans" on my Rawhide machine to see
> which of the just-blocked packages are installed there. To my
> surprise, I got this:
>
> # package-cleanup --orphans
> Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> [snip stuff that I need to take care of]
> rpm-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-build-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-build-libs-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-devel-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-libs-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> rpm-python-4.9.1-2.fc16.x86_64
> # repoquery rpm
> rpm-0:4.9.0-10.fc16.x86_64
>
> Was this intentional?

Yes, It got untagged. See last week's thread on this list:
Subject: rpm builds failing with "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found"

Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Jerry James

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, It got untagged. See last week's thread on this list:
> Subject: rpm builds failing with "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found"

Thanks for the replies, Tomas and Michael. I somehow missed the part
where I needed to downgrade rpm.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/

Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Jesse Keating

> Yes, It got untagged. See last week's thread on this list:
> Subject: rpm builds failing with "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found"

I thought there was a hard rule about not having nvrs go backwards, and
if a bad build was put out, it should be fixed with epoch or other such
NVR things to make sure the upgrade path continues. (that is once a
build makes it out in the nightly repos)

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Tomas Mraz

> On 7/26/11 1:14 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Yes, It got untagged. See last week's thread on this list:
> > Subject: rpm builds failing with "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found"
>
> I thought there was a hard rule about not having nvrs go backwards, and
> if a bad build was put out, it should be fixed with epoch or other such
> NVR things to make sure the upgrade path continues. (that is once a
> build makes it out in the nightly repos)

I do not think it was so hard rule for rawhide - it depended on various
things whether it was needed or not.
--
Tomas Mraz
Turkish proverb