Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Jim Meyering

Default rawhide openssh-server update kills sshd

FYI, I've just yum-updated my rawhide VM to the latest
(but not from the console) and was surprised to lose the connection
while it was happening. Again. It happened to me last week, too.

I got back in via the console and tried to reinstall it via "yum
reinstall openssh-server". That failed (sorry, didn't record the diagnostic).

Just dug a little and found this was reported a week ago:

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/722625

To fix it, I did this (from a console, of course):

yum -y remove openssh-server &&
yum -y install openssh-server &&
service ssh restart