Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Misha Shnurapet

Default User-level instance of /bin in PATH

Hi.

Since F15 ~/bin has been added to PATH, and commands that are supposed to run user scripts will work without changing into that directory. Meanwhile, ~/.local/bin isn't used. I'd like to propose that it is also added because technically it is ~/bin's brother.

Yes, user scripts can be kept in ~/bin for editing purposes. I prefer to edit them where I run them, in a terminal, especially when using the machine remotely. And it would be nice for those who want to move scripts out of the way so these don't get deleted accidentally along with some user stuff. It takes some time to write a script and only a second to delete a bunch of files.

--
Best regards,
Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, IRC: misha on freenode