Old 07-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Thomas Woerner

Default Features firewalld-default and network-zones

Hello,

the features firewalld-default and network-zones will be postponed for
Fedora-17. The features are not ready yet and also the integration into
other projects. The network zone backend in NetworkManager is making
progress, but the front ends are not done yet.

Without the front ends (nm-applet, gnome-shell, kdenetworkmanager) the
features are not usable and firewalld as the default firewall solution
does not make sense either. The firewalld zone code will be integrated
into firewalld shortly, but will be deactivated by default. This needs
some more work also. The NetworkManager zone code will be sent upstream
to initiate the integration process.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Wrner
Jiri Popelka

--
Thomas Woerner
Software Engineer Phone: +49-711-96437-310

Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Jaroslav Reznik

On Monday, July 25, 2011 04:43:37 PM Thomas Woerner wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Thomas!

> the features firewalld-default and network-zones will be postponed for
> Fedora-17. The features are not ready yet and also the integration into
> other projects. The network zone backend in NetworkManager is making
> progress, but the front ends are not done yet.
>
> Without the front ends (nm-applet, gnome-shell, kdenetworkmanager) the
> features are not usable and firewalld as the default firewall solution
> does not make sense either.

What's needed to be implemented in kde-nm to support firewalld? Are you in touch
with upstream or it's upon us

Jaroslav

PS: I should ask Jiri, as he sits in same cubicle ;-)

--
Jaroslav Řezn*k <jreznik@redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275
Mobile: +420 602 797 774