Old 07-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Richard Shaw

Default Packaging python modules

I was reviewing the guidelines and maybe I'm over thinking things but
one part that doesn't seem to be clear...

Ok I understand that if you have a pure python module it goes in
%{python_sitelib} (/usr/lib) and if you have a C extension module it
goes in %{python_sitearch} (/usr/lib for 32bit or /usr/lib64 for 64
bit).

What doesn't seem to be clear is if you have a package with a mixture
do you install everything into %{python_sitearch} or do you put the
.py's in %{python_sitelib} and the C extension modules in
%{python_sitearch}...

Looking in /usr/lib64 I see a lot of .py files, but that doesn't mean
they're right

Thanks,
Richard