Old 07-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Dmitry Butskoy

Default Strange package: fedora-icon-theme

There is "fedora-icon-theme" package, which looks strange a little.

Since F13 it no more contains any files at all (just directories), ie.
it looks like a meta-package.
OTOH its source rpm still has full tarball with png icons etc.

What is a reason for such design? (I'm just curious).

Regards,
Dmitry Butskoy
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmitryButskoy

Old 07-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:58:13 +0400, DB (Dmitry) wrote:

> There is "fedora-icon-theme" package, which looks strange a little.
>
> Since F13 it no more contains any files at all (just directories), ie.
> it looks like a meta-package.
> OTOH its source rpm still has full tarball with png icons etc.
>
> What is a reason for such design? (I'm just curious).

Since you've had a look at the src.rpm already, you could have found
out yourself by examining the spec file and by trying to make sense
out of the %changelog entries (which admittedly aren't too clear).
The package does includes files, such as /usr/share/icons/Fedora/index.theme
and that one currently only Inherits=Mist which is a GNOME theme.