Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Richard Shaw

Default Where does mock get %_smp_mflags?

I don't know why I didn't notice before but I was reviewing a
build.log from a package and noticed it was only using -j2 when I have
-j4 in my .rpmmacros. If mock doesn't use .rpmmacros from the user
running mock then where does it get it from?

Thanks,
Richard

Old 07-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Bill Nottingham

Richard Shaw (hobbes1069@gmail.com) said:
> I don't know why I didn't notice before but I was reviewing a
> build.log from a package and noticed it was only using -j2 when I have
> -j4 in my .rpmmacros. If mock doesn't use .rpmmacros from the user
> running mock then where does it get it from?

>From the system macro file:

%_smp_mflags %([ -z "$RPM_BUILD_NCPUS" ]
&& RPM_BUILD_NCPUS="`/usr/bin/getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN`";
if [ "$RPM_BUILD_NCPUS" -gt 16 ]; then echo "-j16";
elif [ "$RPM_BUILD_NCPUS" -gt 1 ]; then echo "-j$RPM_BUILD_NCPUS";
fi)

Bill

Old 07-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Josh Boyer

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know why I didn't notice before but I was reviewing a
> build.log from a package and noticed it was only using -j2 when I have
> -j4 in my .rpmmacros. If mock doesn't use .rpmmacros from the user
> running mock then where does it get it from?

Likely from the redhat-rpm-configs package installed in the mock chroot.

josh

Old 07-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Ville Skyttä

On 07/20/2011 11:17 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Richard Shaw (hobbes1069@gmail.com) said:
>> I don't know why I didn't notice before but I was reviewing a
>> build.log from a package and noticed it was only using -j2 when I have
>> -j4 in my .rpmmacros. If mock doesn't use .rpmmacros from the user
>> running mock then where does it get it from?
>
>From the system macro file:

You can override it in /etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg:

config_opts['macros']['%_smp_mflags'] = "-j4"

Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Richard Shaw

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:
> You can override it in /etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg:
>
> config_opts['macros']['%_smp_mflags'] = "-j4"

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

Richard