Old 07-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Adam Williamson

Default Call for Test Days for Fedora 16

Hi, folks. The Test Day cycle for Fedora 16 will open shortly, and we're
putting out the call for anyone who has an idea for a Test Day. There
are many open slots on the schedule -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_16_test_days - and if they all
fill up or you would like to run a set of Test Days on related topics,
we can organize events outside of the scheduled Thursday windows too.

It's often a good idea to have a Test Day for a major change or new
feature you're introducing to the distribution, but we can run a Test
Day on just about any topic. There is a full guide to organizing Test
Days available -
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management - and the QA
team is happy both to help you run a Test Day and to butt out and let
you run it yourself, whichever you prefer! If you're interested in
running a Test Day, please contact QA via the test mailing list, file a
ticket in QA trac - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa - and/or pencil
in your event on the schedule, create a Wiki page based on the template
(see the SOP for details), and get down to work. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Chris Tyler

> Hi, folks. The Test Day cycle for Fedora 16 will open shortly, and we're
> putting out the call for anyone who has an idea for a Test Day. There
> are many open slots on the schedule -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_16_test_days - and if they all
> fill up or you would like to run a set of Test Days on related topics,
> we can organize events outside of the scheduled Thursday windows too.
>
> It's often a good idea to have a Test Day for a major change or new
> feature you're introducing to the distribution, but we can run a Test
> Day on just about any topic. There is a full guide to organizing Test
> Days available -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management - and the QA
> team is happy both to help you run a Test Day and to butt out and let
> you run it yourself, whichever you prefer! If you're interested in
> running a Test Day, please contact QA via the test mailing list, file a
> ticket in QA trac - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa - and/or pencil
> in your event on the schedule, create a Wiki page based on the template
> (see the SOP for details), and get down to work. Thanks!

Hi Adam,

On the week of Aug 7 David Shein and I will be at POSSE-RIT teaching
professors how open source communities work. On the Wednesay afternoon
and Thursday of that week, the participants are jumping in to a few open
source projects and getting their feet wet; if there was a test day on
August 11 you could have a small pool of enthusiastic labor with some
on-the-ground guidance. We might be able to do testing that would
require some set-up, e.g., we could bring in a switch and create a test
LAN.

Let me know if this would be useful and we'll set it up...

-Chris

Old 07-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Adam Williamson

On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 10:23 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> On the week of Aug 7 David Shein and I will be at POSSE-RIT teaching
> professors how open source communities work. On the Wednesay afternoon
> and Thursday of that week, the participants are jumping in to a few open
> source projects and getting their feet wet; if there was a test day on
> August 11 you could have a small pool of enthusiastic labor with some
> on-the-ground guidance. We might be able to do testing that would
> require some set-up, e.g., we could bring in a switch and create a test
> LAN.
>
> Let me know if this would be useful and we'll set it up...

Hi, Chris. There almost certainly will be a Test Day on that date; we
usually fill up the schedule. I'll see if we can wiggle things around a
bit and make sure it's a beginner-appropriate event on that date.
Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 08-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Chris Tyler

> On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 10:23 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
>
> > Hi Adam,
> >
> > On the week of Aug 7 David Shein and I will be at POSSE-RIT teaching
> > professors how open source communities work. On the Wednesay afternoon
> > and Thursday of that week, the participants are jumping in to a few open
> > source projects and getting their feet wet; if there was a test day on
> > August 11 you could have a small pool of enthusiastic labor with some
> > on-the-ground guidance. We might be able to do testing that would
> > require some set-up, e.g., we could bring in a switch and create a test
> > LAN.
> >
> > Let me know if this would be useful and we'll set it up...
>
> Hi, Chris. There almost certainly will be a Test Day on that date; we
> usually fill up the schedule. I'll see if we can wiggle things around a
> bit and make sure it's a beginner-appropriate event on that date.
> Thanks!

Hi Adam,

We're a week out from this -- any candidates for test day for next
Thursday?

(If not, would it make sense to do additional early testing on, say,
Power Management (scheduled for Sept 29), since we shgould have a bunch
of diverse machines?)

-Chris

Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Adam Williamson

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 12:32 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 18:43 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 10:23 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Adam,
> > >
> > > On the week of Aug 7 David Shein and I will be at POSSE-RIT teaching
> > > professors how open source communities work. On the Wednesay afternoon
> > > and Thursday of that week, the participants are jumping in to a few open
> > > source projects and getting their feet wet; if there was a test day on
> > > August 11 you could have a small pool of enthusiastic labor with some
> > > on-the-ground guidance. We might be able to do testing that would
> > > require some set-up, e.g., we could bring in a switch and create a test
> > > LAN.
> > >
> > > Let me know if this would be useful and we'll set it up...
> >
> > Hi, Chris. There almost certainly will be a Test Day on that date; we
> > usually fill up the schedule. I'll see if we can wiggle things around a
> > bit and make sure it's a beginner-appropriate event on that date.
> > Thanks!
>
> Hi Adam,
>
> We're a week out from this -- any candidates for test day for next
> Thursday?
>
> (If not, would it make sense to do additional early testing on, say,
> Power Management (scheduled for Sept 29), since we shgould have a bunch
> of diverse machines?)

crap, sorry, fell off my radar. I'm about to go out but I'll try and
take a look at this when I get back. We're a bit rushed with Alpha TC1
stuff right now though
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey