Old 07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Lucas

Default systemd-logind - I need to know more about it

Dear All

I found the following in internet:

The good news for embeded folks: all of this will be implemented in a
tiny new dbus service "systemd-logind", which can easily be removed for
minimal setups, when tracking unprivileged user logins is unnecessary.

Can someone please, tell me:
1. how can I easily remove it? Because it by default always enabled.
2. where is documentation about systemd-logind? How does it work and what does it do?

Thanks.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Bill Nottingham

Lucas (macachuto@gmail.com) said:
> I found the following in internet:
>
> The good news for embeded folks: all of this will be implemented in a
> tiny new dbus service "systemd-logind", which can easily be removed for
> minimal setups, when tracking unprivileged user logins is unnecessary.
>
> Can someone please, tell me:
> 1. how can I easily remove it? Because it by default always enabled.
> 2. where is documentation about systemd-logind? How does it work and what does it do?

I strongly suggest you take this to the systemd mailing list. For #1,
they're taking patches for making it compile-time. For #2, that's the
right place anyway to start...

Bill

Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Lucas

On 07/19/2011 08:22 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Lucas (macachuto@gmail.com) said:
>> I found the following in internet:
>>
>> The good news for embeded folks: all of this will be implemented in a
>> tiny new dbus service "systemd-logind", which can easily be removed for
>> minimal setups, when tracking unprivileged user logins is unnecessary.
>>
>> Can someone please, tell me:
>> 1. how can I easily remove it? Because it by default always enabled.
>> 2. where is documentation about systemd-logind? How does it work and what does it do?
>
> I strongly suggest you take this to the systemd mailing list. For #1,
> they're taking patches for making it compile-time. For #2, that's the
> right place anyway to start...
>
> Bill

The problem is that systemd-logind enabled by default, without any documentation and it is not easy
to disable it.
But it is already in and already conflicts with kernel.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Lennart Poettering

On Tue, 19.07.11 20:15, Lucas (macachuto@gmail.com) wrote:

> Can someone please, tell me:
> 1. how can I easily remove it? Because it by default always enabled.

> 2. where is documentation about systemd-logind? How does it work and what does it do?

Please direct questions like this to the systemd mailing list or IRC
channel.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.