Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Benny Amorsen

Default Making . not match special extensions

Do any of you use _. to match e.g. the h extension?

Right now _[a-z] does not match the special h extension but does match
someone explicitly dialling "h". Would it make sense to extend this
behaviour to the . and ! patterns, so they never match h?

/Benny

Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet@amorsen.dk> wrote:
> Do any of you use _. to match e.g. the h extension?
>
> Right now _[a-z] does not match the special h extension but does match
> someone explicitly dialling "h". Would it make sense to extend this
> behaviour to the . and ! patterns, so they never match h?

I can only guess that you meant for this to go to one of the Asterisk
mailing lists instead of the Fedora development mailing list.

Since I still remember a bit about Asterisk from my former career, I'd
say it's definitely something worth discussing on the Asterisk mailing
lists though.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Benny Amorsen

Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet@amorsen.dk> writes:

> Do any of you use _. to match e.g. the h extension?
>
> Right now _[a-z] does not match the special h extension but does match
> someone explicitly dialling "h". Would it make sense to extend this
> behaviour to the . and ! patterns, so they never match h?
>

> /Benny

I am so sorry. I'll hand in my geek card.