Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Reindl Harald

Default thanks for F15 mdadm systemd unit

* Fri Jul 15 2011 Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> - 3.2.2-5
- Merge rawhide mdadm to f15. Rawhide changelog preserved even though
- the referenced versions do not exist in f15, rawhide specific builds
- are from 3.2.1-1 through 3.2.2-4

FYI: works on my F15 machine as expected, thank you!
________________________

Starting Software RAID Monitor Takeover...
Starting Software RAID monitoring and management...
Started Software RAID Monitor Takeover.
Started Software RAID monitoring and management.

root 41 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S< 23:12 0:00 [md]
root 66 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? SN 23:12 0:00 [ksmd]
root 429 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 23:12 0:00 [md0_raid1]
root 440 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 23:12 0:00 [md1_raid10]
root 457 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 23:12 0:00 [md2_raid10]
root 487 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 23:12 0:00 [jbd2/md1-8]
root 938 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 23:13 0:00 [jbd2/md0-8]
root 951 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 23:13 0:00 [jbd2/md2-8]
root 1040 0.0 0.0 6900 628 ? Ss 23:13 0:00 /sbin/mdadm --monitor --scan -f
--pid-file=/var/run/mdadm/mdadm.pid

Personalities : [raid1] [raid10]
md2 : active raid10 sda3[0] sdd3[3] sdc3[2] sdb3[1]
3875222528 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
bitmap: 0/29 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk

md1 : active raid10 sda2[0] sdd2[3] sdc2[2] sdb2[1]
30716928 blocks super 1.1 512K chunks 2 near-copies [4/4] [UUUU]
bitmap: 0/1 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk

md0 : active raid1 sda1[0] sdd1[3] sdc1[2] sdb1[1]
511988 blocks super 1.0 [4/4] [UUUU]

unused devices: <none>

Old 07-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Doug Ledford

On 07/15/2011 05:20 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=253031
>
> * Fri Jul 15 2011 Doug Ledford<dledford@redhat.com> - 3.2.2-5
> - Merge rawhide mdadm to f15. Rawhide changelog preserved even though
> - the referenced versions do not exist in f15, rawhide specific builds
> - are from 3.2.1-1 through 3.2.2-4
>
> FYI: works on my F15 machine as expected, thank you!

Unfortunately, I was told I should remove the systemd support in
particular, so I did. Glad to hear it worked for you though ;-)

Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Jeff Spaleta

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I was told I should remove the systemd support in
> particular, so I did. *Glad to hear it worked for you though ;-)

You mean in F15? Or do you mean in rawhide as well?

Id be interested in using unofficial F15 systemd enabled packages if
there was some need to test on F15 systems as well as rawhide.

-jef

Old 07-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 20.07.2011 22:06, schrieb Doug Ledford:
> On 07/15/2011 05:20 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=253031
>>
>> * Fri Jul 15 2011 Doug Ledford<dledford@redhat.com> - 3.2.2-5
>> - Merge rawhide mdadm to f15. Rawhide changelog preserved even though
>> - the referenced versions do not exist in f15, rawhide specific builds
>> - are from 3.2.1-1 through 3.2.2-4
>>
>> FYI: works on my F15 machine as expected, thank you!
>
> Unfortunately, I was told I should remove the systemd support in
> particular, so I did. Glad to hear it worked for you though ;-)

i noticd with real anger and was able to restore the
systemd-files from my second machine before update there

it makes me really sad to see that F15 was released as
a br**ead mix auf sysv/lsb/systemd and there is no
way to get this clean without "making all yourself"

hopefully systemd will aslo live for 40 years as sysvinit
did or the next replacement will be finished BEFORE release
including the correspondending parts of the distribution

Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
"Bryn M. Reeves"

On 07/20/2011 11:05 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> hopefully systemd will aslo live for 40 years as sysvinit
> did or the next replacement will be finished BEFORE release
> including the correspondending parts of the distribution

Just to be clear as this has been mentioned several times in recent threads:
System V style initialisation is _not_ 40 years old. SysV was only released in
1983 (and even after that time there were alternatives - the BSDs never adopted
this approach to system initialisation).

Regards,
Bryn.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Reindl Harald

Am 21.07.2011 13:14, schrieb Bryn M. Reeves:
> On 07/20/2011 11:05 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> hopefully systemd will aslo live for 40 years as sysvinit
>> did or the next replacement will be finished BEFORE release
>> including the correspondending parts of the distribution
>
> Just to be clear as this has been mentioned several times in recent threads:
> System V style initialisation is _not_ 40 years old. SysV was only released in
> 1983 (and even after that time there were alternatives - the BSDs never adopted
> this approach to system initialisation).

so let it be 28 years now

the last ten years subsystems are coming and going every
incarnation/replacment is hyped as "so much better", has
a lot of bugs which are fixed over some years and if most
of them are fixed the next guy thinks he has a better
replacement

in the past there were real developers which was able to
maintain and optimize code over a long time without
permanently break backward-compatible, these days people
start to throw away and begin from scratch in the hope
they will not make old mistakes and suboptimal software-design
again what is true, they all make a lot of new/other mistakes
and as d said - as soon as they fixed it is called "outdated"
and will be replaced again

Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Reindl Harald

Old 07-21-2011, 03:08 PM

[...]