Old 07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

Default Being a good neighbour - Fedora 14 and Atheros AR5223 ?

How to get AR5523 based wireless card working in Fedora 14?
Do I need to compile new drivers from source? Is firmware missing?
Is the best way to use windows drivers via ndiswrapper and just ignore
linux based drivers for now?

I found this page: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ar5523

But it is not clear if this driver is actually worth trying out and
how stable is it, if it even works. My guess it is not stable or just
doesn't work and that is why it is not in upstream kernel.

Any suggestion is welcome. I really would like to help my neighbours
move to Fedora, and that will happen only if their AR5223 wireless usb
works under Fedora 14.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
follow me - www.twitter.com/valentt & http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
linux, anime, spirituality, wireless, scuba, linuxmce smart home, zwave

Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 PM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

I managed to make Siemens 108 usb wireless card work under Fedora 14.

I tested WG111T_GRV1.2.zip and they don't work on Siemens 108 usb
adapter under Fedora 14.

I found original Siemens drivers and they work like a charm.

Here they are located:
http://gigaset.com/hq/en/product/GIGASETUSBADAPTER108.html?tab=downloads

to install Siemens driver just do this:
wget http://gigaset.com/medias/sys_master/usb_adapter_108_V2025_eng.exe
mkdir siemens_108_usb_adapter
mv usb_adapter_108_V2025_eng.exe siemens_108_usb_adapter
cd siemens_108_usb_adapter
unzip usb_adapter_108_V2025_eng.exe
cd Driver/Driver For Win2000 XP/
su