FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Bruno Wolff III
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 15:28:59 -0400,
Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Orphan pychess
> comaintained by: salimma

I'll take this one. It's a nice enough chess program that I want to keep it.


> Orphan: gdk-pixbuf
> freetennis requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12

I'll take this one to keep freetennis, which seems to be a fairly highly
rated game. gdk-pixbuf is FTBFS, but I think I can get it building before
alpha.

> Orphan: ggz-gtk-client
> freeciv requires libggz-gtk.so.1
> freeciv requires ggz-gtk-client-devel = 0.99.5-3.fc15

And I definitely don't want to lose freeciv.

I have already updated the package database to become owner of these three.
Only the gdk-pixbuf FTBFS fixing needs to get done ASAP.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Tom Callaway
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

On 07/12/2011 03:28 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Orphan: ecore
> xmms2 requires ecore-devel = 1.0.0-2.fc15
> xmms2 requires libecore.so.1
> xmms2-ruby requires libecore.so.1

> Orphan: libsexy
> awn-extras-applets requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> gmpc requires libsexy.so.2
> gmpc requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> gwaei requires libsexy.so.2
> gwaei requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> libsexymm requires libsexy.so.2
> libsexymm requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> libsexymm-devel requires pkgconfig(libsexy) = 0.1.11
> libsexymm-devel requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> perl-Gtk2-Sexy requires libsexy.so.2
> perl-Gtk2-Sexy requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> python-sexy requires libsexy.so.2
> python-sexy requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> python-sexy requires libsexy = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> xchat requires libsexy.so.2
> xchat requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
> xchat-gnome requires libsexy.so.2
> xchat-gnome requires libsexy-devel = 0.1.11-17.fc16
>
> Orphan: libvisual
> gstreamer-plugins-base requires libvisual-0.4.so.0
> gstreamer-plugins-base requires libvisual-devel = 0.4.0-10.fc15
> projectM-libvisual requires libvisual-0.4.so.0
> projectM-libvisual requires libvisual-devel = 0.4.0-10.fc15
> xmms2 requires libvisual-0.4.so.0
> xmms2 requires libvisual-devel = 0.4.0-10.fc15

I've taken ownership of these three, mostly to keep xmms2 and xchat from
breaking.

~tom

==
Fedora Project
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Brian Pepple
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
> Orphan telepathy-haze

I'll grab this since I already maintain most of telepathy stack.

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple@fedoraproject.org>

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 810CC15E
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B *CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Fabian Deutsch
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

Am Dienstag, den 12.07.2011, 15:28 -0400 schrieb Bill Nottingham:
> Orphan link-grammar

I am taking this one. As parsing stuff is always a fancy thing

- fabian

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Bruno Wolff III
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 16:22:05 -0400,
Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III (bruno@wolff.to) said:
> > > Orphan: gdk-pixbuf
> > > freetennis requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12
> >
> > I'll take this one to keep freetennis, which seems to be a fairly highly
> > rated game. gdk-pixbuf is FTBFS, but I think I can get it building before
> > alpha.
>
> This looks like a rather bogus dep, IMO - gdk-pixbuf is for GTK1 apps,
> and freetennis is gtk2.

Thanks. For the time being I'll still take it. I'll also ask for access
to freetennis so I can do a freetennis build that doesn't require it.
If I can fix the FTBFS I am willing to hang on to it for a while, though
people interested in protecting the other dependencies are strongly
encouraged to sign on as comaintainers.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

Bruno Wolff III (bruno@wolff.to) said:
> > Orphan: gdk-pixbuf
> > freetennis requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12
>
> I'll take this one to keep freetennis, which seems to be a fairly highly
> rated game. gdk-pixbuf is FTBFS, but I think I can get it building before
> alpha.

This looks like a rather bogus dep, IMO - gdk-pixbuf is for GTK1 apps,
and freetennis is gtk2.

Bill
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

Bill Nottingham (notting@redhat.com) said:
> Each release, before branching, we block currently orphaned packages.
> It's that time again for Fedora 16.
>
> New this go-round is that we are also blocking packages that have
> failed to build since before Fedora 14.
>
> The following packages are currently orphaned, or fail to build. If
> you have a need for one of these packages, please pick them up.

Note that due to the pkgdb issue Toshio mentions in a later thread,
this list is incomplete. I'll send a new one shortly.

Bill
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

Bruno Wolff III (bruno@wolff.to) said:
> > > I'll take this one to keep freetennis, which seems to be a fairly highly
> > > rated game. gdk-pixbuf is FTBFS, but I think I can get it building before
> > > alpha.
> >
> > This looks like a rather bogus dep, IMO - gdk-pixbuf is for GTK1 apps,
> > and freetennis is gtk2.
>
> Thanks. For the time being I'll still take it. I'll also ask for access
> to freetennis so I can do a freetennis build that doesn't require it.
> If I can fix the FTBFS I am willing to hang on to it for a while, though
> people interested in protecting the other dependencies are strongly
> encouraged to sign on as comaintainers.

I should be more clear - the fact that it's showing up as a dep at all
in the report appears to be a script error, although one I haven't tracked
down yet.

Bill
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

Bill Nottingham (notting@redhat.com) said:
> > Thanks. For the time being I'll still take it. I'll also ask for access
> > to freetennis so I can do a freetennis build that doesn't require it.
> > If I can fix the FTBFS I am willing to hang on to it for a while, though
> > people interested in protecting the other dependencies are strongly
> > encouraged to sign on as comaintainers.
>
> I should be more clear - the fact that it's showing up as a dep at all
> in the report appears to be a script error, although one I haven't tracked
> down yet.

Aha, not a script error.

freetennis requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12
tracker requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12
viking requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12
xmms-xosd requires libgdk_pixbuf.so.2
xosd requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12
zathura requires gdk-pixbuf-devel = 1:0.22.0-38.fc12

All of these except for xmms-xosd and xosd are bad BuildRequires in the
source package.

Bill
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Kalev Lember
 
Default Retiring packages in F-16

On 07/12/2011 11:30 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III (bruno@wolff.to) said:
>>>> I'll take this one to keep freetennis, which seems to be a fairly highly
>>>> rated game. gdk-pixbuf is FTBFS, but I think I can get it building before
>>>> alpha.
>>>
>>> This looks like a rather bogus dep, IMO - gdk-pixbuf is for GTK1 apps,
>>> and freetennis is gtk2.
>>
>> Thanks. For the time being I'll still take it. I'll also ask for access
>> to freetennis so I can do a freetennis build that doesn't require it.
>> If I can fix the FTBFS I am willing to hang on to it for a while, though
>> people interested in protecting the other dependencies are strongly
>> encouraged to sign on as comaintainers.
>
> I should be more clear - the fact that it's showing up as a dep at all
> in the report appears to be a script error, although one I haven't tracked
> down yet.

Freetennis apparently buildrequires gdk-pixbuf-devel and that's showing
up in the report; I think the script is doing the right thing here.

In any case, I'm pretty confident that freetennis doesn't actually make
any use of old gdk-pixbuf, but uses gdk-pixbuf2 instead:
$ repoquery -q --requires freetennis | grep pixbuf
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0()(64bit)


--
Kalev
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org