Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Richard Shaw

Default How to remotely download a package from koji?

I'm trying to remotely download a package from a koji scratch build
but it doesn't work.

# curl -L -O http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm

Usually the -L handles the redirects gracefully but in this case the
rpm package is not getting downloaded.

Clicking on the link on my local computer of course works...

Thanks,
Richard

Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Aditya Patawari

just put up ' in the url
curl -L -O 'http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm'

The '&' symbol causes problems

--
Aditya Patawari
http://blog.adityapatawari.com/

Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Andy Grimm

The shell is interpreting the ampersand.* Try:

curl -L -O 'http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm'

--Andy

Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Dan Horák

Richard Shaw p*še v Út 12. 07. 2011 v 08:22 -0500:
> I'm trying to remotely download a package from a koji scratch build
> but it doesn't work.
>
> # curl -L -O http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm
>
> Usually the -L handles the redirects gracefully but in this case the
> rpm package is not getting downloaded.

look at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/scratch/

Dan

Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Richard Shaw

Never mind!

I didn't catch the & was getting interpreted by the shell, quoting the
url fixed it.

Thanks,
Richard

Old 07-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Tim Bielawa

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:22:53 -0500, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to remotely download a package from a koji scratch build
> but it doesn't work.
>
> # curl -L -O http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm
>
> Usually the -L handles the redirects gracefully but in this case the
> rpm package is not getting downloaded.
>
> Clicking on the link on my local computer of course works...
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

I found this script once before to simplify downloading the results of
scratch builds:

http://people.redhat.com/mikeb/scripts/download-scratch.py

Also, if you escape the ampersand and rename the result you can wget
that easily:

<tbielawa>@(deepfryer)[~] 9:30:43
$ wget
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm
--2011-07-12 09:30:44--
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm
Resolving koji.fedoraproject.org... 209.132.181.7
Connecting to koji.fedoraproject.org|209.132.181.7|:80... connected.
Length: 525870 (514K) [application/x-rpm]
Saving to: “getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm”

0.6s

2011-07-12 09:30:45 (819 KB/s) -
“getfile?taskID=3192896&name=BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14.src.rpm” saved
[525870/525870]

Not ideal though...

--
Tim Bielawa