Old 07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Björn Persson

Default Finding builder resources for FTBFS (was: Fedora 15 ARM hardfp Virtual FAD (Fedora Activity Day) - FRIDAY)

Matt Domsch wrote:
> But the procedure lacks a key component -
> identifying, through Fedora Project-maintained efforts (and not my own
> private efforts), the list of pacakges that FTBFS. That could be a
> rel-eng mass rebuild run. That could be a stand-alone rebuild effort.
> I'm not going to dictate. I have had some interest from individuals
> asking how they could help, but they seemed to be daunted by the need
> for a good deal of builder resources to do a mass rebuild in a
> reasonable amount of time. And unfortunately, I'm not in a position
> to put the builders I scrounged up on the public internet for use.

I wonder if this could be done by distributed volunteer computing, perhaps as
a BOINC project.

From a security veiwpoint it may not be a good idea to install packages that
have been built on some random dude's computer, but that's not a problem if
we'll build them just to check that the build process works and won't actually
use the built packages.

Björn Persson