Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Amit Saha

Default Request for Sponsor (was Orphaning packages)

Hello all:

On 07/07/2011 11:54 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 13:06:12 +1000,
> Amit Saha<droidery@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Jesse Keating<jkeating@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> I no longer have a need/care for these packages, they are up for grabs:
>>>
>>> contacts
>>> inotail
>>
>> I haven't maintained a package before, but I am looking for a starting
>> point and I would like to take up contacts.
>
> Note that you need a sponsor to become a packager. The requirements have
> loosened a bit in that you don't need to submit a new package for review.
> But a sponsor is likely to want some demostration that you have enough
> knowledge to start being a packager.

Thanks Bruno for the tip!

So, here goes an open request for sponsor. Is anyone interested in
sponsoring me? I learn fast, so after the initial discussions I should
be able to do things on my own. It won't be baby-sitting for too long!

My current Fedora activities include a "Ready for Wrangler" Fedora
Scientific Spin [1] and i have few plans regarding the future trajectory
of the SciTech SIG, which is where I intend to involve myself heavily.
However, maintaining the "contacts" package looked an interesting place
to begin!

My Fedora wiki page is at [2].

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Scientific_Spin
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Amitksaha