Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Christoph Trassl

Default ushare FTBFS on EL-6

On 07/06/2011 02:49 PM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> I would like to have ushare running on my EL-6 home server and there
> is no build for EPEL-6. So I have build libupnp (no problems there,
> I've pushed it to -testing), and when trying to build ushare I've got
> the problem as seen in the log on
> http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/ushare-rpmbuild-log.txt.
>
> Does anybody have any idea, what's wrong with my attempt?

according to

* http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14986

and

* https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/8296

it's your version of libupnp, which has a newer api than the one your
version of ushare expects. There is a patch attached to the openwrt
ticket which fixes ushare compilation against newer libupnp libs.

Christoph.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Christoph Trassl

Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Christoph Trassl

Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 02:49:50PM +0200, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> I would like to have ushare running on my EL-6 home server and there
> is no build for EPEL-6. So I have build libupnp (no problems there,
> I've pushed it to -testing), and when trying to build ushare I've
> got the problem as seen in the log on
> http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/ushare-rpmbuild-log.txt.
>
> Does anybody have any idea, what's wrong with my attempt?

Most obviously, the code needs to #include <stdio.h> and
#include <string.h> in a lot more files.

The actual bug is on this line:

struct UpnpVirtualDirCallbacks virtual_dir_callbacks;

This struct appears to exist and the header is included correctly. Is
the version of upnp that you are using older than 1.6.6? Does it have
this struct defined in the header file <upnp/upnp.h>?

BTW looking at the upstream Mercurial repo, the code has changed quite
a bit since 1.1a (from 2007). The header problems above are seemingly
fixed. Perhaps try the latest version from Mercurial?

Rich.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Adam Jackson

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 15:40 +0200, Christoph Trassl wrote:
> On 07/06/2011 02:49 PM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> > I would like to have ushare running on my EL-6 home server and there
> > is no build for EPEL-6. So I have build libupnp (no problems there,
> > I've pushed it to -testing), and when trying to build ushare I've got
> > the problem as seen in the log on
> > http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/ushare-rpmbuild-log.txt.
> >
> > Does anybody have any idea, what's wrong with my attempt?
>
> according to
>
> * http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14986
>
> and
>
> * https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/8296
>
> it's your version of libupnp, which has a newer api than the one your
> version of ushare expects. There is a patch attached to the openwrt
> ticket which fixes ushare compilation against newer libupnp libs.

Thanks for finding this patch! I've added it to the ushare package.

- ajax

Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Adam Jackson

Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM