Old 07-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Michał Piotrowski

Default F15 ext3, eCryptfs + samba = data corruption ( F15 "Error mounting eCryptfs: Input/output error" on different disks)

Hi,

W dniu 16 czerwca 2011 21:37 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
<mkkp4x4@gmail.com> napisał:
> Hi,
>
> Do anyone noticed any problems with mounting eCryptfs recently on F15?
> It seems to me unlikely that I have an I/O errors on few disks.
> Especially if only eCryptfs reports them.

I've got two dirs

/home/s1 - ext3
/home/s2 - ext3 + eCryptfs

If I copy a file from my laptop to /home/s1 it has md5 sum
c7da3acc8e85f64661b49b9788771bf6
when I copy this file from shell to /home/s2 it has the same md5 sum
c7da3acc8e85f64661b49b9788771bf6

If I copy the same file from my laptop to /home/s2 I get a strange error
in Total commander "please remove the write protection" - TC's progress bar
doesn't show any progress - after copying file has correct size, but
it's totally
broken - md5 sum
f26767c3aed2f6e639ddb9ad6601daaf

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I guess that data corruption
problem is related to this strange "Error mounting eCryptfs: [-5]
Input/output error"
message.

--
Best regards,