Old 07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Jerry James

Default I'm givaro comaintainer ... or am I?

I recently asked the givaro maintainer, D Haley (CCed), for permission
to become comaintainer, so I can push out a coordinated update of
givaro and linbox. I received a reply stating that this had been done
in pkgdb. Today I built new givaro and linbox versions for Rawhide.
I would also like to push Fedora 15 updates for the 2 packages. So I
built the same new version of givaro, and went to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ to get a buildroot override
for givaro, so I can kick off the linbox build. I got this message:

Error: You do not have commit privileges to givaro

So I go to pkgdb, and sure enough, it shows my requests for commit
access as "Awaiting Review". What's going on here? If I don't have
commit privileges (which D Haley assured me were approved), then how
did I update givaro for F-15 and Rawhide, and build the new version in
both places? If I do, then why can't I get a buildroot override?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/

Old 07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:41:31 -0600, JJ (Jerry) wrote:

> I recently asked the givaro maintainer, D Haley (CCed), for permission
> to become comaintainer, so I can push out a coordinated update of
> givaro and linbox. I received a reply stating that this had been done
> in pkgdb. Today I built new givaro and linbox versions for Rawhide.
> I would also like to push Fedora 15 updates for the 2 packages. So I
> built the same new version of givaro, and went to
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ to get a buildroot override
> for givaro, so I can kick off the linbox build. I got this message:
>
> Error: You do not have commit privileges to givaro
>
> So I go to pkgdb, and sure enough, it shows my requests for commit
> access as "Awaiting Review". What's going on here? If I don't have
> commit privileges (which D Haley assured me were approved), then how
> did I update givaro for F-15 and Rawhide, and build the new version in
> both places? If I do, then why can't I get a buildroot override?

You are a member of the Advanced Fedora Packager Group (aka provenpackagers),
which made it possible for you to commit in git. Bodhi, however, doesn't
handle provenpackagers membership in the same way.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Paul Howarth

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:57:33 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:41:31 -0600, JJ (Jerry) wrote:
>
> > I recently asked the givaro maintainer, D Haley (CCed), for
> > permission to become comaintainer, so I can push out a coordinated
> > update of givaro and linbox. I received a reply stating that this
> > had been done in pkgdb. Today I built new givaro and linbox
> > versions for Rawhide. I would also like to push Fedora 15 updates
> > for the 2 packages. So I built the same new version of givaro, and
> > went to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ to get a buildroot
> > override for givaro, so I can kick off the linbox build. I got
> >
> > Error: You do not have commit privileges to givaro
> >
> > So I go to pkgdb, and sure enough, it shows my requests for commit
> > access as "Awaiting Review". What's going on here? If I don't have
> > commit privileges (which D Haley assured me were approved), then how
> > did I update givaro for F-15 and Rawhide, and build the new version
> > in both places? If I do, then why can't I get a buildroot override?
>
> You are a member of the Advanced Fedora Packager Group (aka
> provenpackagers), which made it possible for you to commit in git.
> Bodhi, however, doesn't handle provenpackagers membership in the same
> way.

Not only that, but you need to have commit access to the Rawhide branch
in order to create a buildroot override for *any* branch, which is
unfortunate for instance if Fedora and EPEL have separate maintainers.
Ironically, Rawhide is the only branch you don't actually need
overrides.

Paul.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Jerry James

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are a member of the Advanced Fedora Packager Group (aka provenpackagers),
> which made it possible for you to commit in git. Bodhi, however, doesn't
> handle provenpackagers membership in the same way.

Wow, my memory must be worse than I thought. When did that happen? I
remember applying to become a sponsor, but I have no memory of
applying to become a provenpackager.

D. Haley, can you try pushing the buttons one more time to grant me
commit access to givaro in pkgdb? Thanks.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/

Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:32:42 -0600, JJ (Jerry) wrote:

> > You are a member of the Advanced Fedora Packager Group (aka provenpackagers),
> > which made it possible for you to commit in git. Bodhi, however, doesn't
> > handle provenpackagers membership in the same way.
>
> Wow, my memory must be worse than I thought. When did that happen? I
> remember applying to become a sponsor, but I have no memory of
> applying to become a provenpackager.

Google finds these:

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/386
-> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2009-March/msg00010.html

Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Jerry James

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Google finds these:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/386
> *-> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-announce/2009-March/msg00010.html

Thanks. I remember reading that fedora-devel message, but somehow
concluded that I would need to apply for membership, instead of noting
that current sponsors would be included in provenpackagers. Well, the
upside of this is that I haven't used my provenpackager powers to do
any damage ... until today, anyway!
--
Jerry James, who plans to continue limiting the damage
http://www.jamezone.org/