Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Genes MailLists

Default i915 errors from 3.0 kernel

On 06/29/2011 01:22 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 12:58 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
>>
>> I am getting a lot of these in kernel 3.0-0.rc5.git0.1.fc16.x86_64
>> testing on F15 - i915 - happens on wake from sleep I think. Is this
>> advisory/benign or a problem ?
>
> It's benign. We go through this every time we go from a release kernel
> to a development kernel: these warnings are enabled in development
> kernels. It is just a warning about sub-optimal behaviour, useful to
> kernel developers, not at all fatal or particularly problematic to your
> use of the system.

I thought so - glad its benign ... I assume the messages will
sometimes be useful to the kernel team ...

so should I keep mentioning new ones or only if its an actual OOPS?

Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Dave Jones

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 01:40:06PM -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:

> I thought so - glad its benign ... I assume the messages will
> sometimes be useful to the kernel team ...
>
> so should I keep mentioning new ones or only if its an actual OOPS?

If you have abrt installed it will file bugs where necessary,
(and also take care of dupes so you won't have to search for them first).

Dave