Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Peter Gordon

Default Orphaned Package: scribes

[CC-ed to Matej Cepl, marked in PkgDB as a co-maintainer.]

Hello, all.

I've just orphaned scribes. Its related package, scribes-templates, is
already orphaned from previously. I no longer use them and have no
interest in maintaining them.

If you'd like to take them, please note that the 0.3 series, currently
packaged in Fedora, are considered unmaintained by upstream. You'll need
to base any future packages on a BZR snapshot of the 0.4 series until a
formal release tarball is created. Matej Cepl has made such snapshot
RPMs from early May that could probably be used as a basis for further
packaging work, available at his FedoraPeople webspace:

http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/rpms/

Aside from a few ABRT-created bugs from the F12 timeframe, there are
currently two minor but outstanding issues that need to be resolved:

* #465557 (Modify gnome-python2 requirement), and
* #652867 (Scribes fails to start).

Thanks.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter@thecodergeek.com>
Who am I? :: http://thecodergeek.com/about-me

Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Matěj Cepl

[CC-ed to Matej Cepl, marked in PkgDB as a co-maintainer.]

I have just forgot to remove myself. Scribes is good, but it is PyGtk
app and its author shows clear preference not to port it to Gnome 3. So,
if you are friend of the ancient regime, this may be a good fit for you.

If you'd like to take them, please note that the 0.3 series, currently
packaged in Fedora, are considered unmaintained by upstream. You'll need
to base any future packages on a BZR snapshot of the 0.4 series until a
formal release tarball is created. Matej Cepl has made such snapshot
RPMs from early May that could probably be used as a basis for further
packaging work, available at his FedoraPeople webspace:

http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/rpms/

Anybody, feel free to take it.

Aside from a few ABRT-created bugs from the F12 timeframe, there are
currently two minor but outstanding issues that need to be resolved:

* #465557 (Modify gnome-python2 requirement), and
* #652867 (Scribes fails to start).

Neither of these bugs is reproducible with my 0.4 package.

Best,

Matěj

If trains stop at train stations, what happens at work stations?