Old 06-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Stephen Gallagher

Default Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2011-6-27)

Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo

meeting tomorrow at 17:30UTC (1:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
irc.freenode.net.

Links to all tickets below can be found at:
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9

= Followups =

#topic #563 suggested policy: all daemons must set RELRO and PIE flags
.fesco 563

#topic #608 F16Feature: Trusted Boot - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Trusted_Boot
.fesco 608

#topic #531 Orphaned package ownership claiming clarification
.fesco 531

= New business =

#topic #614 Proposed list of packages to drop due to FTBFS prior to F16 branching
.fesco 614

#topic 615 Strategy for services that do not have systemd native unit files
.fesco 615

= Fedora Engineering Services tickets =

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/report/6

= Open Floor =

For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket.* The
report of the agenda items can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9

If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco,
e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until
the following meeting.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Bill Nottingham

Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh@redhat.com) said:
> Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
>
> meeting tomorrow at 17:30UTC (1:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
> irc.freenode.net.

I thought the decision at last meeting was 1700 UTC/1pm EDT?

Bill

Old 06-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Tomas Mraz

> Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh@redhat.com) said:
> > Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
> >
> > meeting tomorrow at 17:30UTC (1:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
> > irc.freenode.net.
>
> I thought the decision at last meeting was 1700 UTC/1pm EDT?
+1

--
Tomas Mraz
Turkish proverb

Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Stephen Gallagher

===================================
#fedora-meeting: FESCO (2011-06-27)
===================================

Meeting started by sgallagh at 17:01:05 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-06-27/fesco.2011-06-27-17.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* init process (sgallagh, 17:01:36)
* AGREED: Cancel FESCo meeting on 2011-07-04 (sgallagh, 17:06:21)

* #563 suggested policy: all daemons must set RELRO and PIE flags
(sgallagh, 17:06:56)
* ACTION: ajax to send out an email discussing %optflags vs. binutils
(sgallagh, 17:11:03)

* #608 F16Feature: Trusted Boot -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Trusted_Boot (sgallagh,
17:11:51)
* AGREED: Trusted Boot is declined as a Feature. Continued work on
this will be negotiated by the tboot developers, not by FESCo.
(sgallagh, 17:39:51)

* #531 Orphaned package ownership claiming clarification (sgallagh,
17:40:47)
* AGREED: Policy will change to ""If a package is in orphan state in
pkgdb, feel free to take it and revivie it, no re-review needed. If
it's depreciated, you must re-review and get admins to unblock it"
(sgallagh, 17:49:42)
* LINK:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers
looks like the page to update (at least one of) (nirik, 17:51:07)

* #614 Proposed list of packages to drop due to FTBFS prior to F16
branching (sgallagh, 17:51:56)
* AGREED: add this as a regular task for rel-eng every cycle at the
same time as the orphan purge and drop packages that have failed to
build since F(n)-2 (sgallagh, 18:03:27)
* ACTION: nirik to ask mdomsch to write an SOP for FTBFS package
removal, else work on it himself. (sgallagh, 18:08:14)

* 615 Strategy for services that do not have systemd native unit files
(sgallagh, 18:08:26)
* AGREED: Option 3: We do as many upgrades as possible, and live with
only partial success. (sgallagh, 18:48:53)

* Next week's chair (sgallagh, 18:49:07)
* ACTION: ajax will run the next FESCo meeting (sgallagh, 18:52:58)

* Open Floor (sgallagh, 18:53:03)

Meeting ended at 18:57:31 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* ajax to send out an email discussing %optflags vs. binutils
* nirik to ask mdomsch to write an SOP for FTBFS package removal, else
work on it himself.
* ajax will run the next FESCo meeting

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* ajax
* ajax to send out an email discussing %optflags vs. binutils
* ajax will run the next FESCo meeting
* nirik
* nirik to ask mdomsch to write an SOP for FTBFS package removal, else
work on it himself.
* **UNASSIGNED**
* (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* sgallagh (113)
* nirik (89)
* pjones (56)
* notting (35)
* t8m (33)
* Viking-Ice (28)
* eparis (26)
* ajax (18)
* mmaslano (13)
* abadger1999 (10)
* zodbot (10)
* cwickert (9)
* simo (3)
* mitr (1)
* tatica (1)
* llaumgui_zhukov (1)
* mjg59 (0)

Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot

Old 06-28-2011, 05:20 AM
Chuck Anderson

> * #531 Orphaned package ownership claiming clarification (sgallagh,
> 17:40:47)
> * AGREED: Policy will change to ""If a package is in orphan state in
> pkgdb, feel free to take it and revivie it, no re-review needed. If
> it's depreciated, you must re-review and get admins to unblock it"
> (sgallagh, 17:49:42)
> * LINK:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers
> looks like the page to update (at least one of) (nirik, 17:51:07)

Hopefully the word "deprecate" will be used in the policy language:
http://linguisticszone.blogspot.com/2007/05/depreciate-or-deprecate.html