Old 06-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Ankur Sinha

Default Need help building a mono package

Hello,

Could a developer that uses mono please tell me how to pass flags to
mdtool? The build readme here[1] says they can be passed, and the
concerned Makefile[2] simply calls mdtool.

As you'll understand from the links above, I'm in the process of
packaging opendental[3] for the fedora medical initiative[4].
Unfortunately, I have no background with mono development whatsoever.

I'd appreciate any pointers here.

Thanks,
Ankur

[1]
https://70.90.133.65:23793/svn/opendental/opendental7.5/BUILDING.Linux

[2] https://70.90.133.65:23793/svn/opendental/opendental7.5/Makefile

[3] http://www.opendental.com/index.html

[4] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-medical/ticket/31

Old 06-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Ankur Sinha

Hello!

Could someone also tell me how to make it look in the correct places?
For example:

> [root@ankur ~]# repoquery -l mono-nunit | egrep "nunit.core.dll"
> /usr/lib64/mono/2.0/nunit.core.dll
> /usr/lib64/mono/4.0/nunit.core.dll
> /usr/lib64/mono/gac/nunit.core/2.4.8.0__96d09a1eb7f44a77/nunit.core.dll
> /usr/lib64/mono/gac/nunit.core/2.4.8.0__96d09a1eb7f44a77/nunit.core.dll.mdb

and mock fails with the following error:

> DEBUG: + mdtool build --buildfile:OpenDental5_6.sln LINUX DISABLE_MICROSOFT_OFFICE
> DEBUG: WARNING: [MonoDevelop.NUnit,2.4] Could not load some add-in assemblies: File '/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/nunit.core.dll' not found.
> DEBUG: ERROR: Errors found in add-in '/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/MonoDevelop.NUnit.dll:
> DEBUG: ERROR: The file '/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/nunit.core.dll' referenced in the manifest could not be found.
> DEBUG: ERROR: The file '/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/nunit.core.interfaces.dll' referenced in the manifest could not be found.
> DEBUG: ERROR: The file '/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/nunit.framework.dll' referenced in the manifest could not be found.
> DEBUG: ERROR: The file '/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/nunit.util.dll' referenced in the manifest could not be found.
> DEBUG: WARNING: The add-in 'MonoDevelop.MonoDeveloperExtensions,2.4' is trying to extend '/MonoDevelop/NUnit/TestProviders', but there isn't any add-
> in defining this extension point
> DEBUG: WARNING: The add-in 'MonoDevelop.MonoDeveloperExtensions,2.4' is trying to extend '/MonoDevelop/NUnit/TestProviders/MonoTestProvider', but the
> re isn't any add-in defining this extension point

I've already looked at the wiki[1], but couldn't find much here.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Mono#Packaging_Tips

Thanks again
Regards,
Ankur

Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Tom Callaway

On 06/24/2011 01:00 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> DEBUG: ERROR: The file '/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/nunit.core.dll' referenced in the manifest could not be found.

You'll probably need to patch the manifest to tell it where the
nunit.core.dll lives. Grep the source code for
"/usr/lib/monodevelop/AddIns/NUnit/nunit.core.dll" and the manifest
should be obvious.

~tom

==
Fedora Project