Old 06-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Jan-Frode Myklebust

Default PackageUserRegistry

We're trying to package "Apache Traffic Server" for fedora, and need a
dedicated uid/gid for user/group "ats" running this services since it
includes clustering and config management over more than one node.

I've found the PackageUserRegistry wiki page at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageUserRegistry

but it doesn't seem quite right, as there are many users there
conflicting with the RHEL standard users:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/s1-users-groups-standard-users.html

So, could anybody help me with the procedure for getting a new
user/group registered ?

-jf