Old 06-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Paul Howarth

Default Comment out Requires(hint)

On 06/20/2011 11:22 AM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Petr Sabata<psabata@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Comment out Requires(hint)
>> +- Commenting Requires(hint) out since fedpkg refuses to work with it
>
> From my point of view it looks like a problem in fedpkg rather than in
> a package.
> What is the background of intentional reducing the functionality of
> the rpm and package itself?

I believe it's rpm 4.9 that objects to Requires(hint), not fedpkg itself.

Paul.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Petr Sabata

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:01:57PM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On 06/20/2011 11:22 AM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Petr Sabata<psabata@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >> Comment out Requires(hint)
> >> +- Commenting Requires(hint) out since fedpkg refuses to work with it
> >
> > From my point of view it looks like a problem in fedpkg rather than in
> > a package.
> > What is the background of intentional reducing the functionality of
> > the rpm and package itself?
>
> I believe it's rpm 4.9 that objects to Requires(hint), not fedpkg itself.
>
> Paul.

I'm not sure what going on in there. I got this message from fedpkg
immediately when I was submitting the build...

rincewind renrot [master] $ fedpkg build --target dist-f16-perl
error: line 18: Bad Requireflags: qualifiers: Requires(hint): perl(Image::Magick)
error: query of specfile /home/contyk/src/fc/renrot/renrot.spec failed, can't parse

--
# Petr Sabata

Old 06-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Florian Festi

On 06/20/2011 01:01 PM, Paul Howarth wrote:
> I believe it's rpm 4.9 that objects to Requires(hint), not fedpkg itself.
Previous RPM versions accepted arbitrary flags within the parentheses.
This clearly is a bug that was fixed with rpm 4.9. "Requires(hint)"
never worked (same for "Requires(Pony)").

Florian

Old 06-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Andy Shevchenko

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Florian Festi <ffesti@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/20/2011 01:01 PM, Paul Howarth wrote:
>> I believe it's rpm 4.9 that objects to Requires(hint), not fedpkg itself.
> Previous RPM versions accepted arbitrary flags within the parentheses.
> This clearly is a bug that was fixed with rpm 4.9. "Requires(hint)"
> never worked (same for "Requires(Pony)").
Does it mean we are still don't have suggestions?

Anyway, it seems more proper to get it fixed is to put normal
"Request" tag instead of "Request(smth)". Isn't it?

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

Old 06-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Florian Festi

On 06/20/2011 04:41 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> Does it mean we are still don't have suggestions?
No, we don't.
> Anyway, it seems more proper to get it fixed is to put normal
> "Request" tag instead of "Request(smth)". Isn't it?
Depends on what you want. You can convert it into a regular requires to
keep the previous behavior but if the package is not really required and
you can also just drop it.

Florian