FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Reindl Harald
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

because there are a lot of services in LSB-Mode i filed for everyone a
bugreport - sad to see that most packages are not F15 ready

pure-ftpd: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714424
mysql: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714426
dbmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714428
postfix: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714429
postgrey: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714430
apcupsd: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714432
cpuspeed: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714433
cups: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714434
iptables: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714435
bind: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714436
ntop: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714437
openvpn: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714438
smokeping: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714439
sshd: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714441
sysstat: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714442
tuned: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714443

--


Reindl Harald
the lounge interactive design GmbH
A-1060 Vienna, HofmŘhlgasse 17
CTO / software-development / cms-solutions
p: +43 (1) 595 3999 33, m: +43 (676) 40 221 40
icq: 154546673, http://www.thelounge.net/

http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Hi,

2011/6/19 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
> because there are a lot of services in LSB-Mode i filed for everyone a
> bugreport ┬*- sad to see that most packages are not F15 ready

I'm not sure if this is the right way. Anyway, there are systemd
services for some of these packages
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Systemd/compatability
you can help testing them.

>
> pure-ftpd: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714424
> mysql: ┬* ┬* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714426
> dbmail: ┬* ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714428
> postfix: ┬* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714429
> postgrey: ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714430
> apcupsd: ┬* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714432
> cpuspeed: ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714433
> cups: ┬* ┬* ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714434
> iptables: ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714435
> bind: ┬* ┬* ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714436
> ntop: ┬* ┬* ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714437
> openvpn: ┬* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714438
> smokeping: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714439
> sshd: ┬* ┬* ┬*https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714441
> sysstat: ┬* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714442
> tuned: ┬* ┬* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=714443
>
> --
>
>
> Reindl Harald
> the lounge interactive design GmbH
> A-1060 Vienna, Hofm├╝hlgasse 17
> CTO / software-development / cms-solutions
> p: +43 (1) 595 3999 33, m: +43 (676) 40 221 40
> icq: 154546673, http://www.thelounge.net/
>
> http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm
>
>
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>



--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Reindl Harald
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Am 19.06.2011 12:16, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/6/19 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
>> because there are a lot of services in LSB-Mode i filed for everyone a
>> bugreport - sad to see that most packages are not F15 ready
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right way. Anyway, there are systemd
> services for some of these packages
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Systemd/compatability
> you can help testing them

i am also not sure if it is the right way, but i have no other idea
and really hope that until EOL of F14 the services of F15 are systemd
ready to make a clean migration of some production servers and get
rid of compatibilty stuff as soon as possible

BTW:
autitd, smb, netatalk and free-nx server missing too
the descriptions "SYSV:" and "LSB:" are not consistent

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

2011/6/19 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
>
>
> Am 19.06.2011 12:16, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2011/6/19 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
>>> because there are a lot of services in LSB-Mode i filed for everyone a
>>> bugreport ┬*- sad to see that most packages are not F15 ready
>>
>> I'm not sure if this is the right way. Anyway, there are systemd
>> services for some of these packages
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Systemd/compatability
>> you can help testing them
>
> i am also not sure if it is the right way, but i have no other idea
> and really hope that until EOL of F14 the services of F15 are systemd
> ready to make a clean migration of some production servers and get
> rid of compatibilty stuff as soon as possible

Seems to me very unlikely to see a new systemd services in F15.

>
> BTW:
> autitd, smb, netatalk and free-nx server missing too
> the descriptions "SYSV:" and "LSB:" are not consistent

I think that generally developers are aware of some LSB compatibility
problems. You should report the individual cases to relevant
developers.

>
>
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>



--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Kalev Lember
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

On 06/19/2011 12:48 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> because there are a lot of services in LSB-Mode i filed for everyone a
> bugreport - sad to see that most packages are not F15 ready

This is something that should not be attempted in a stable Fedora
release (F15), but instead in rawhide (F16). Furthermore, FESCO recently
discussed it and approved SysVtoSystemd as a F16 feature:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SysVtoSystemd


--
Kalev
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Reindl Harald
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Am 19.06.2011 12:32, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
> 2011/6/19 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
>>
>>
>> Am 19.06.2011 12:16, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 2011/6/19 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>:
>>>> because there are a lot of services in LSB-Mode i filed for everyone a
>>>> bugreport - sad to see that most packages are not F15 ready
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this is the right way. Anyway, there are systemd
>>> services for some of these packages
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Johannbg/QA/Systemd/compatability
>>> you can help testing them
>>
>> i am also not sure if it is the right way, but i have no other idea
>> and really hope that until EOL of F14 the services of F15 are systemd
>> ready to make a clean migration of some production servers and get
>> rid of compatibilty stuff as soon as possible
>
> Seems to me very unlikely to see a new systemd services in F15

i better not comment this with more than "normally F15 should have not been released
without them" and if so it should be fixed


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

W dniu 19 czerwca 2011 12:41 u┼╝ytkownik Reindl Harald
<h.reindl@thelounge.net> napisał:
>
> i better not comment this with more than "normally F15 should have not been released
> without them" and if so it should be fixed

I wanted that F15 contain systemd service files for all important
services - unfortunately, few people wanted to help in this. Where you
were when we had work on this?

Now flaming systemd services for F15 is not much point. I wanted to
help with the F15, but I do not have too much time for working on it
in F16 - unfortunately this topic without much pressure and help from
users will be continued through several releases.

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Reindl Harald
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

Am 19.06.2011 12:56, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
> W dniu 19 czerwca 2011 12:41 u┼╝ytkownik Reindl Harald
> <h.reindl@thelounge.net> napisał:
>>
>> i better not comment this with more than "normally F15 should have not been released
>> without them" and if so it should be fixed
>
> I wanted that F15 contain systemd service files for all important
> services - unfortunately, few people wanted to help in this. Where you
> were when we had work on this?

i am sorry that i am working for a small company as developer for client-services,
internal services, administrator, building many packages for our servers with changed
compile/packaging flags as there needed, building deployment tools, had migrated
20 servers in the last year and built up a VMware-Cluster while having some
hughe troubles after medical operations on both eyes

i am sorry too that my day has only 24 hours and that i was not aware that this work
was not done from the package-maintainers since i packaged most services with
syetmd-files the last days but not very happy with them because few expierience
and some services are fired too soon after mysqld has started but is not ready
for connections

and yes, after i think they are useable i will attach them on this topic in the
hope someone can point out weakness and optimizing

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Ville Skytt├Ą
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

On 06/19/2011 01:41 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 19.06.2011 12:32, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>>
>> Seems to me very unlikely to see a new systemd services in F15
>
> i better not comment this with more than "normally F15 should have not been released
> without them" and if so it should be fixed

Switching from SysV to systemd within updates to a release is explicitly
forbidden, doing so is allowed only between releases.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Packages_migrating_to_ a_systemd_unit_file_from_a_SysV_initscript

New packages introduced into a release are on the other hand a different
story.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Michał Piotrowski
 
Default systemd: bugreports for missing service-files

W dniu 19 czerwca 2011 13:03 u┼╝ytkownik Reindl Harald
<h.reindl@thelounge.net> napisał:
>
>
> Am 19.06.2011 12:56, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>> W dniu 19 czerwca 2011 12:41 u┼╝ytkownik Reindl Harald
>> <h.reindl@thelounge.net> napisał:
>>>
>>> i better not comment this with more than "normally F15 should have not been released
>>> without them" and if so it should be fixed
>>
>> I wanted that F15 contain systemd service files for all important
>> services - unfortunately, few people wanted to help in this. Where you
>> were when we had work on this?
>
> i am sorry

No need to be sorry You should just remember that the whole open
source thing is just do-ocracy. If you need something, you often need
to take care of it yourself.




--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org