Old 06-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Frank Murphy

Default systemctl F16Rawhide RFEBugMy Ignorance?

In terminal

systemctl status plymouth*
returns no units.

systemctl list-units
returns too much

What woul I use to list just a subsection,
like plymouth* or any other similar services.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Old 06-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Peter Robinson

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:

In terminal

systemctl status plymouth*

returns no units.

systemctl list-units

returns too much

What woul I use to list just a subsection,

like plymouth* or any other similar services.

How about "systemctl list-units| grep plymouth"

Peter

Old 06-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Frank Murphy

On 18/06/11 13:22, Peter Robinson wrote:
<snip>

> How about "systemctl list-units| grep plymouth"
>
> Peter

Unfortunatly gives nothing as a return,
though there should be at least 4 services.

systemctl list-units | grep systemd
returns 14 services
so grep works.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Ian Chapman

On 18/06/11 20:36, Frank Murphy wrote:

> Unfortunatly gives nothing as a return,
> though there should be at least 4 services.

What about

systemctl --all | grep -i plymouth

--
Ian Chapman.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Frank Murphy

On 18/06/11 13:41, Ian Chapman wrote:
> On 18/06/11 20:36, Frank Murphy wrote:
>
>> Unfortunatly gives nothing as a return,
>> though there should be at least 4 services.
>

> What about
>
> systemctl --all | grep -i plymouth

That did it, thank you.