Old 06-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Lucas

Default appletalk+psnap+ipx modules in the kernel-3.0-0.rc3.git5.1.fc16

Dear All

I have installed the latest kernel from koji and found out that now I have 3 new modules:
appletalk
psnap
ipx

I know what is IPX.

But do we really need to have AppleTalk always loaded in the kernel?

What is "psnap"?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Dave Jones

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:54:14PM +0400, Lucas wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have installed the latest kernel from koji and found out that now I have 3 new modules:
> appletalk
> psnap
> ipx
>
> I know what is IPX.
>
> But do we really need to have AppleTalk always loaded in the kernel?

Protocols get auto-loaded when something tries to open a socket belonging
to that family, or when a packet is recieved from the network.

Dave