-   -   scorched3d needs a new owner (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/541206-scorched3d-needs-new-owner.html)

Hans de Goede 06-18-2011 06:16 AM

scorched3d needs a new owner

Hi,

I've not been able to give scorched3d the attention it deserves lately. Specifically
it is lagging with upstream for a while now and really needs to be rebased to
upstream latest.

Is anyone willing to become a new (co)-maintainer for scorched3d and do the rebase?

Regards,

Hans

Bruno Wolff III 06-18-2011 12:23 PM

scorched3d needs a new owner

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 08:16:26 +0200,
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've not been able to give scorched3d the attention it deserves lately. Specifically
> it is lagging with upstream for a while now and really needs to be rebased to
> upstream latest.
>
> Is anyone willing to become a new (co)-maintainer for scorched3d and do the rebase?

I signed up to be a co-maintainer.

I should be able to work on a rebase over the next week or so.

Bruno Wolff III 06-18-2011 12:34 PM

scorched3d needs a new owner

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 08:16:26 +0200,
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've not been able to give scorched3d the attention it deserves lately. Specifically
> it is lagging with upstream for a while now and really needs to be rebased to
> upstream latest.
>
> Is anyone willing to become a new (co)-maintainer for scorched3d and do the rebase?

I see that the latest build is not compatible with previous versions.
Probably this is good for playing other people, but bad for previously saved
games. How far back do we want to push the update once it's ready?

Hans de Goede 06-18-2011 04:32 PM

On 06/18/2011 02:23 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 08:16:26 +0200,
> Hans de Goede<hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've not been able to give scorched3d the attention it deserves lately. Specifically
>> it is lagging with upstream for a while now and really needs to be rebased to
>> upstream latest.
>>
>> Is anyone willing to become a new (co)-maintainer for scorched3d and do the rebase?
>
> I signed up to be a co-maintainer.
>
> I should be able to work on a rebase over the next week or so.

Great, thanks!

I've granted you commit and approve acl rights.

Regards,

Hans

Hans de Goede 06-18-2011 04:36 PM

On 06/18/2011 02:34 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 08:16:26 +0200,
> Hans de Goede<hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've not been able to give scorched3d the attention it deserves lately. Specifically
>> it is lagging with upstream for a while now and really needs to be rebased to
>> upstream latest.
>>
>> Is anyone willing to become a new (co)-maintainer for scorched3d and do the rebase?
>
> I see that the latest build is not compatible with previous versions.
> Probably this is good for playing other people, but bad for previously saved
> games. How far back do we want to push the update once it's ready?

I think we want the update just for F-15. So that people who prefer to stick
on the conservative side of things, who will likely still be running F-14, won't
get it.

Regards,

Hans

Bruno Wolff III 06-18-2011 04:54 PM

scorched3d needs a new owner

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 18:36:14 +0200,
Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com> wrote:

> I think we want the update just for F-15. So that people who prefer to stick
> on the conservative side of things, who will likely still be running F-14, won't
> get it.

I have the easy stuff done already. Now I need to work on updating the
syslibs patch.