FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Maxim Burgerhout
 
Default how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

You can embed rpm macros, like %name, in your .rpmmacros file. That
way, you can create a directory per package containing SPECS, RPMS,
SRPMS, etc. directories. I use it like this (out of the back of my
head):

%_topdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild
%_specdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SPECS
%_rpmdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/RPMS
%_srcrpmdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SRPMS
%_sourcedir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SOURCES

Maxim
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Jos Vos
 
Default how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 09:03:53PM +0200, Maxim Burgerhout wrote:

> You can embed rpm macros, like %name, in your .rpmmacros file. That
> way, you can create a directory per package containing SPECS, RPMS,
> SRPMS, etc. directories. I use it like this (out of the back of my
> head):
>
> %_topdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild
> %_specdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SPECS
> %_rpmdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/RPMS
> %_srcrpmdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SRPMS
> %_sourcedir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SOURCES

Isn't (only) setting %_topdir to /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name enough
for this? I never tested this trick, but if the rest works, just
setting %_topdir that way should be sufficient too.

--
-- Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>
-- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Phone: +31 20 6938364
-- Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Fax: +31 20 6948204
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Maxim Burgerhout
 
Default how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

It might very well work indeed, good point. It's one of those things that has been in my config files for quite some time and don't exactly know the history of anymore :-)

On Jun 17, 2011 9:18 PM, "Jos Vos" <jos@xos.nl> wrote:> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 09:03:53PM +0200, Maxim Burgerhout wrote:

>
>> You can embed rpm macros, like %name, in your .rpmmacros file. That
>> way, you can create a directory per package containing SPECS, RPMS,
>> SRPMS, etc. directories. I use it like this (out of the back of my

>> head):
>>
>> %_topdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild
>> %_specdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SPECS
>> %_rpmdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/RPMS
>> %_srcrpmdir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SRPMS

>> %_sourcedir /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name/SOURCES
>
> Isn't (only) setting %_topdir to /home/maxim/rpmbuild/%name enough
> for this? I never tested this trick, but if the rest works, just

> setting %_topdir that way should be sufficient too.
>
> --
> -- Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>
> -- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Phone: +31 20 6938364

> -- Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Fax: +31 20 6948204
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Miloslav Trmač
 
Default how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

2011/6/17 Jakub Jedelský <jakub.jedelsky@gmail.com>:
> And question is: how to keep my dir clean? Have you any method for
> this?
What works for me is 1) using the Fedora git setup for persistent
storage of the spec and patch storage, so that I don't depend on
anything in rpm's %_topdir, and 2) using (rpmbuild --rebuild
my.src.rpm), which cleans up %_sourcedir and %_specdir after itself
automatically after a successful build, and doesn't generate a SRPM at
all. So I'm left with just the binary RPMs, exactly as I want.
Mirek
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Marko Myllynen
 
Default how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

Hi,

>> And question is: how to keep my dir clean? Have you any method for
>> this?
> What works for me is 1) using the Fedora git setup for persistent
> storage of the spec and patch storage, so that I don't depend on
> anything in rpm's %_topdir, and 2) using (rpmbuild --rebuild
> my.src.rpm), which cleans up %_sourcedir and %_specdir after itself
> automatically after a successful build, and doesn't generate a SRPM at
> all. So I'm left with just the binary RPMs, exactly as I want.

perhaps this is a good time to mention that the functionality of the
mock-scm wrapper script [1] is now available as part of mock-1.10 so you
can build RPMs from CVS/Git/SVN directly with Mock. See the mock(1)
manual page for details and the LWN article below for higher level
introduction:

http://lwn.net/Articles/446253/

1) http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-September/142469.html

Cheers,

--
Marko Myllynen
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Jos Matos
 
Default how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

On Friday 17 June 2011 20:03:53 Maxim Burgerhout wrote:
> You can embed rpm macros, like %name, in your .rpmmacros file. That
> way, you can create a directory per package containing SPECS, RPMS,
> SRPMS, etc. directories. I use it like this (out of the back of my
> head)

I use the same scheme but I prefer to have all the files related to the same
project in the same directory, so I have:

$ cat ~/.rpmmacros
%_topdir /home/jamatos/
%_tmppath /tmp/rpmbuild
%_builddir %{_tmppath}

%_rpmtopdir %{_topdir}/build/%{name}
%_sourcedir %{_rpmtopdir}
%_specdir %{_rpmtopdir}
%_rpmdir %{_rpmtopdir}
%_srcrpmdir %{_rpmtopdir}

%_rpmfilename %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}.rpm

--
Jos Ablio
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org