Old 06-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Eric Sandeen

Default F15 "Error mounting eCryptfs: Input/output error" on different disks

On 6/16/11 2:37 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do anyone noticed any problems with mounting eCryptfs recently on F15?
> It seems to me unlikely that I have an I/O errors on few disks.
> Especially if only eCryptfs reports them.

Anything in dmesg?

-Eric

Old 06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Michał Piotrowski

W dniu 16 czerwca 2011 21:43 użytkownik Eric Sandeen
<sandeen@redhat.com> napisał:
> On 6/16/11 2:37 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do anyone noticed any problems with mounting eCryptfs recently on F15?
>> It seems to me unlikely that I have an I/O errors on few disks.
>> Especially if only eCryptfs reports them.
>>

> Anything in dmesg?

Nothing unusual

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/

Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:45:01 +0200, MP wrote:

> W dniu 16 czerwca 2011 21:43 użytkownik Eric Sandeen napisał:
> > On 6/16/11 2:37 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Do anyone noticed any problems with mounting eCryptfs recently on F15?
> >> It seems to me unlikely that I have an I/O errors on few disks.
> >> Especially if only eCryptfs reports them.
> >>

> > Anything in dmesg?
>
> Nothing unusual
>

> > -Eric

In /var/log/messages:

Jun 17 13:24:46 localhost mount.ecryptfs: Failed to write to the mount table

Got that when running ecryptfs.mount for the first time on this machine:

[...]
Not adding sig to user sig cache file; continuing with mount.
Error mounting eCryptfs: [-5] Input/output error
Check your system logs; visit <http://launchpad.net/ecryptfs>

The mount was successful, however, according to "mount" output.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Michał Piotrowski

2011/6/17 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:45:01 +0200, MP wrote:

>> > Anything in dmesg?
>>
>> Nothing unusual
>>

>> > -Eric
>> >

> In /var/log/messages:
>
> Jun 17 13:24:46 localhost mount.ecryptfs: Failed to write to the mount table

I don't have this warning here