Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Frank Murphy

Default OT: SystemD F16Rawhide Pointers needed.

Scenario:

nfs mounted local repo from an attached NAS.
(supplies a number of boxes)
yum-updateonboot used to update on boot. (sans rhgb quiet)

In level 3, login prompt appears before update finished.
level 5 --ditto--

The only way currently to know if update is finished,
is by typing "yum update" and waiting.

How can I allow yum-update to finish before login?

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Michal Schmidt

On 06/16/2011 11:20 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> nfs mounted local repo from an attached NAS.
> (supplies a number of boxes)
> yum-updateonboot used to update on boot. (sans rhgb quiet)
>
> In level 3, login prompt appears before update finished.
> level 5 --ditto--
>
> The only way currently to know if update is finished,
> is by typing "yum update" and waiting.
>
> How can I allow yum-update to finish before login?

You could add an ordering dependency to systemd-user-sessions.service:
After=yum-updateonboot.service

Michal

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Frank Murphy

On 16 June 2011 11:50, Michal Schmidt <mschmidt@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/16/2011 11:20 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
>> nfs mounted local repo from an attached NAS.
>> (supplies a number of boxes)
>> yum-updateonboot used to update on boot. (sans rhgb quiet)
>>
>> In level 3, login prompt appears before update finished.
>> level 5 --ditto--
>>
>> The only way currently to know if update is finished,
>> is by typing "yum update" and waiting.
>>
>> How can I allow yum-update to finish before login?
>
> You could add an ordering dependency to systemd-user-sessions.service:
> After=yum-updateonboot.service

It works for a single boot,
then removes itself from:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-user-sessions.service

so the Alert has to be entered again between boots.

> Michal

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Michal Schmidt

On 06/17/2011 02:10 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> It works for a single boot,
> then removes itself from:
> /lib/systemd/system/systemd-user-sessions.service

The file will get overwritten when a systemd package update comes.
It's better to make a copy of it in /etc/systemd/system and edit that
instead.

Michal

Old 06-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Michal Schmidt