Old 06-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Ben Boeckel

Default GNOME3 and au revoir WAS: systemd: please stop trying to take?over the world :)

Nathanael D. Noblet <nathanael@gnat.ca> wrote:
> Its worked super well for me (though less well with GNOME3's effects
> etc)... Can you point me to what you mean by the usual info into
> xorg.conf? to be clear, I don't want to run *my* session over VNC. I
> want to be able to connect to a remote users *current* session to see
> and control their computer (while they see what I'm doing)... Does your
> message still apply?

FWIW, in college, I VNC'd back to my desktop machine fairly often for
builds, and other computational things. I used x0vncserver
(tigervnc-server package) which can grab an existing X session and offer
it over VNC. Doesn't require an X restart (particularly useful if the
troublesome app has the problem intermittently) and it's as-needed
instead of always-open.

--Ben