Old 06-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Genes MailLists

Default GNOME3 and au revoir WAS: systemd: please stop trying to take over the world :) => vnc

On 06/14/2011 02:32 PM, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> On 06/14/2011 11:24 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:

> Its worked super well for me (though less well with GNOME3's effects
> etc)... Can you point me to what you mean by the usual info into
> xorg.conf? to be clear, I don't want to run *my* session over VNC. I
> want to be able to connect to a remote users *current* session to see
> and control their computer (while they see what I'm doing)... Does your
> message still apply?

Yes it does - you'll need the vnc server package on the end you want to
view/control ...

#
# Minimal xorg.conf for vnc on root display
#
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Option "passwordfile" "/usr/local/etc/vnc/password"
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "vnc"
EndSection

Password file is created using vncpassword if I remember correctly.

I assume its either local intranet - or you've ssh tunneled port 5900 to
be visible on your client machine where you're running vncviewer if
your doing this over the internet.

regards

gene/