FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Chuck Anderson
 
Default how to push to stable?

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc15

bodhi says of my update:

bodhi - 2011-06-10 05:03:46
This update has reached 3 days in testing and can be pushed to stable now if the maintainer wishes

But clicking the "mark as stable" button says:

This update has not yet met the minimum testing requirements defined in the Package Update Acceptance Criteria

Reading the linked to document "Package Update Acceptance Criteria" is
completely unhelpful. How do I push this update to stable?

Thanks.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Honza Horak
 
Default how to push to stable?

I think bodhi behaves correctly, but this auto-generated message is a
failure, while according https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy a
non critical package must spend at least one week in updates-testing.

I've reported the same issue before a couple of days:
https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/614

After one week a package can be submitted for stable without any problems.

Cheers,

Honza

On 06/13/2011 04:06 AM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc15
>
> bodhi says of my update:
>
> bodhi - 2011-06-10 05:03:46
> This update has reached 3 days in testing and can be pushed to stable now if the maintainer wishes
>
> But clicking the "mark as stable" button says:
>
> This update has not yet met the minimum testing requirements defined in the Package Update Acceptance Criteria
>
> Reading the linked to document "Package Update Acceptance Criteria" is
> completely unhelpful. How do I push this update to stable?
>
> Thanks.


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default how to push to stable?

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc15
>
> bodhi says of my update:
>
> bodhi - 2011-06-10 05:03:46
> This update has reached 3 days in testing and can be pushed to stable now
> if the maintainer wishes
>
> But clicking the "mark as stable" button says:
>
> This update has not yet met the minimum testing requirements defined in
> the Package Update Acceptance Criteria
>
> Reading the linked to document "Package Update Acceptance Criteria" is
> completely unhelpful. How do I push this update to stable?
>
> Thanks.

I guess they bumped the minimum testing time to 7 days now that Fedora 15 is
stable. :-(

IMHO, 3 days was much better. Due to pushing delays, it effectively means ~7
days between filing and the push to stable anyway. One of the arguments for
setting the interval to 7 days was that people might not be able to test the
update in less time because of pushing delays, but pushing delays are
already explicitly NOT counted in the 7 days, the time measured is the time
between effective availability in testing and request of the stable push. I
fail to see how 3 days for that would not be sufficient to get people to
test updates. (Well, gnome-packagekit stupidly does not notify about all
updates in a timely manner anymore, but that's a regression in gnome-
packagekit and must be fixed there. We really need to notify users of
available updates at least once a day! I personally have KPackageKit set to
check for updates hourly.) This 7-day timeout effectively turns into 7 days
+ TWO push delays, which is often 10+ days.

(And of course, I still don't understand why we can't let the maintainer
decide with his/her own brain when his/her update has received sufficient
testing. Thinking is what brains are for, computers suck at it.)

Kevin Kofler

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 AM
José Matos
 
Default how to push to stable?

On Monday 13 June 2011 08:09:48 Honza Horak wrote:
> I think bodhi behaves correctly, but this auto-generated message is a
> failure, while according https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy a
> non critical package must spend at least one week in updates-testing.
>
> I've reported the same issue before a couple of days:
> https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/614
>
> After one week a package can be submitted for stable without any problems.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Honza

That is probably a leftover from the development stage of F15 where the
threshold time was three days. Now that F15 was released this does not hold
any more, it goes back to one week but it seems that the timer was not set
accordingly.
--
José Abílio
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Honza Horak
 
Default how to push to stable?

On 06/13/2011 04:06 AM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc15
>
> bodhi says of my update:
>
> bodhi - 2011-06-10 05:03:46
> This update has reached 3 days in testing and can be pushed to stable now if the maintainer wishes
>
> But clicking the "mark as stable" button says:
>
> This update has not yet met the minimum testing requirements defined in the Package Update Acceptance Criteria
>
> Reading the linked to document "Package Update Acceptance Criteria" is
> completely unhelpful. How do I push this update to stable?
>
> Thanks.

It seems to be fixed in new Bodhi:
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4772

Honza
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Chuck Anderson
 
Default how to push to stable?

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 08:26:03AM +0100, José Matos wrote:
> On Monday 13 June 2011 08:09:48 Honza Horak wrote:
> > I think bodhi behaves correctly, but this auto-generated message is a
> > failure, while according https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy a
> > non critical package must spend at least one week in updates-testing.
> >
> > I've reported the same issue before a couple of days:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/614
> >
> > After one week a package can be submitted for stable without any problems.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Honza
>
> That is probably a leftover from the development stage of F15 where the
> threshold time was three days. Now that F15 was released this does not hold
> any more, it goes back to one week but it seems that the timer was not set
> accordingly.

I saw the one week mentioned, but figured Bodhi new better. Oh well.

Thanks.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Luke Macken
 
Default how to push to stable?

Excerpts from José Matos's message of Mon Jun 13 03:26:03 -0400 2011:
> On Monday 13 June 2011 08:09:48 Honza Horak wrote:
> > I think bodhi behaves correctly, but this auto-generated message is a
> > failure, while according https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy a
> > non critical package must spend at least one week in updates-testing.
> >
> > I've reported the same issue before a couple of days:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/614
> >
> > After one week a package can be submitted for stable without any problems.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Honza
>
> That is probably a leftover from the development stage of F15 where the
> threshold time was three days. Now that F15 was released this does not hold
> any more, it goes back to one week but it seems that the timer was not set
> accordingly.

Yep, this is eactly what happened. While implementing the different
pre-release phases in bodhi for F15, I accidently hardcoded some of
these values in bodhi's config. F15 is now back to the 7 days in
testing minimum requirement.

luke
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org