Old 06-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Ralf Corsepius

Default Packaging cross toolchains with different versions

On 06/12/2011 05:19 AM, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am starting to package cross-toolchains for Fedora/RHEL. Is it
> possible to have multiple versions of the same toolchain installed
> [1]?
>
> I went through the Fedora Embedded SIG [2] wiki page, and found that
> most packages don't have revisions in their names (for example:
> avr-binutils). In other words, it is okay to name the package .spec as
> rtems-4.11-i386-rtems4.11-binutils.spec?
A Fedora supplied rtems4.11 toolchain package's spec should be named
i386-rtems4.11-binutils.spec (rsp. the package be named
i386-rtems4.11-binutils).

> [1] RTEMS SRPMS. ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/fedora/14/SRPMS/

The reason these *.specs are prefixed "rtems-4.11-" is them being
installed to /opt/rtems-4.11 (3rd party add-on packages) and not to /usr
(OS-vendor supplied packages).

Ralf

Old 06-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Shakthi Kannan

Hi Ralf:

--

I shall follow the same. Thanks for your reply!

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com