FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Luke Macken
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates

Frontend Web/Client Changes
---------------------------

* Buildroot Override Management
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides
* Make update notes mandatory (fesco#457)
* Gracefully handle invalid update template values (#597)
* Fixed a bug that would prevent people from editing updates

Backend Changes
---------------

* Support blacklisting certain users from receiving bodhi emails (for autoqa)
* More robust handling of 'pending' koji tags (#594)
* More configurable for non-Fedora deployments
* Added more metrics to our report generator
* # of updates that reach the stable karma threshold
* # of updates that spent the minimum time in testing
* # of proventester karma types
* output: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/517#comment:5

API Changes
-----------

* Optimize our 'list' API when querying updates by bug number (#610)
* Support adding comments without triggering email notifications (to prevent AutoQA spamming)
_______________________________________________
devel-announce mailing list
devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel-announce--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Tom Callaway
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

On 06/10/2011 01:21 PM, Luke Macken wrote:
> * Buildroot Override Management
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides

In case you missed it, this means you can now do your own BuildRoot
Overrides, as opposed to filing a ticket with rel-eng and waiting for
them to do it manually. Please be smart about this, because your
overrides (while they're active) affect everyone.

~tom

==
Fedora Project
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Petr Pisar
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

On 2011-06-10, Luke Macken <lmacken@redhat.com> wrote:
> * Buildroot Override Management
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides
Excuse me for my low knowledge, what is good for?

I mean, I know what's buildroot in Koji and that it can be used to
prepare set of binary packages apart of standard buildroot and then
merge them back to main buildroot.

Provided this is the same thing, I have no idea why it is part of bodhi.
I guess it should be part of koji client instead. Also I cannot see how I can
specify inheritance for the new buildroot.

Also the bodhi(1) from bodhi-client-0.8.0-1.fc15.noarch does not
describe the option at all. Could somebody enlighten me?

-- Petr

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Bruno Wolff III
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:48:40 +0000,
Petr Pisar <ppisar@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 2011-06-10, Luke Macken <lmacken@redhat.com> wrote:
> > * Buildroot Override Management
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides

> I mean, I know what's buildroot in Koji and that it can be used to
> prepare set of binary packages apart of standard buildroot and then
> merge them back to main buildroot.

Based on the caution given, it looks like this feature allows you to change
the builds used for the standard buildroot for a particular release.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:48:40 +0000 (UTC)
Petr Pisar <ppisar@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 2011-06-10, Luke Macken <lmacken@redhat.com> wrote:
> > * Buildroot Override Management
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides
> Excuse me for my low knowledge, what is good for?
>
> I mean, I know what's buildroot in Koji and that it can be used to
> prepare set of binary packages apart of standard buildroot and then
> merge them back to main buildroot.
>
> Provided this is the same thing, I have no idea why it is part of
> bodhi. I guess it should be part of koji client instead. Also I
> cannot see how I can specify inheritance for the new buildroot.
>
> Also the bodhi(1) from bodhi-client-0.8.0-1.fc15.noarch does not
> describe the option at all. Could somebody enlighten me?

This is a automated replacement for a formerly manual process.

Say you have packages libfoo and bar and baz.
bar and baz build against/depend on libfoo.

When you update libfoo you want to also update bar and baz.

Koji doesn't add packages to the build root (the collection of packages
that is used to build other packages) until the package is in the
stable updates repo. This is to prevent issues like an accidental or
broken package from being added and breaking things for others.

So, you build the new libfoo. Then test locally against that build.
When you are ready and are sure it's in a good state, you request a
build root override to add it to the build root. Then you build your
bar and baz and submit all of libfoo, bar and baz in a single update.

In the past this process was:

- Submit a ticket to rel-eng in their trac
- Wait for someone to process it.
- Use the override, build things.
- Remember to go back to the ticket and say you were done with it.
- Wait for someone to process that and close the ticket.

Now this can be done in bodhi without needing to wait on people or
remember to go back and do things.

It's in bodhi instead of koji because bodhi already has the interfaces
and ability to move tags and packages around. koji would need a
additional layer of interface and adding another tool would be a bad
idea.

kevin

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Stephen Gallagher
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 10:21 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:48:40 +0000 (UTC)
> Petr Pisar <ppisar@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2011-06-10, Luke Macken <lmacken@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > * Buildroot Override Management
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides
> > Excuse me for my low knowledge, what is good for?
> >
> > I mean, I know what's buildroot in Koji and that it can be used to
> > prepare set of binary packages apart of standard buildroot and then
> > merge them back to main buildroot.
> >
> > Provided this is the same thing, I have no idea why it is part of
> > bodhi. I guess it should be part of koji client instead. Also I
> > cannot see how I can specify inheritance for the new buildroot.
> >
> > Also the bodhi(1) from bodhi-client-0.8.0-1.fc15.noarch does not
> > describe the option at all. Could somebody enlighten me?
>
> This is a automated replacement for a formerly manual process.
>
> Say you have packages libfoo and bar and baz.
> bar and baz build against/depend on libfoo.
>
> When you update libfoo you want to also update bar and baz.
>
> Koji doesn't add packages to the build root (the collection of packages
> that is used to build other packages) until the package is in the
> stable updates repo. This is to prevent issues like an accidental or
> broken package from being added and breaking things for others.
>
> So, you build the new libfoo. Then test locally against that build.
> When you are ready and are sure it's in a good state, you request a
> build root override to add it to the build root. Then you build your
> bar and baz and submit all of libfoo, bar and baz in a single update.
>
> In the past this process was:
>
> - Submit a ticket to rel-eng in their trac
> - Wait for someone to process it.
> - Use the override, build things.
> - Remember to go back to the ticket and say you were done with it.
> - Wait for someone to process that and close the ticket.
>
> Now this can be done in bodhi without needing to wait on people or
> remember to go back and do things.
>
> It's in bodhi instead of koji because bodhi already has the interfaces
> and ability to move tags and packages around. koji would need a
> additional layer of interface and adding another tool would be a bad
> idea.
>
> kevin
>

This is a great feature. Is there a guide somewhere on how to use it?

If not, can you point me at the relevant upstream documentation and I'll
write up an SOP for doing this.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Luke Macken
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

Excerpts from Stephen Gallagher's message of Mon Jun 13 13:02:29 -0400 2011:
> This is a great feature. Is there a guide somewhere on how to use it?
>
> If not, can you point me at the relevant upstream documentation and I'll
> write up an SOP for doing this.

This is the closest thing to a guide that we have at the moment, which
could definitely use some improvements:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides

The old SOP can be found here, and I added a little deprecation message
at the top:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Buildroot_override_SOP

luke
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Bruno Wolff III
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 13:02:29 -0400,
Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> If not, can you point me at the relevant upstream documentation and I'll
> write up an SOP for doing this.

If you do something for this, you might want to point to it from
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_HOWTO
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Petr Pisar
 
Default Bodhi v0.8 in production

On 2011-06-13, Petr Pisar <ppisar@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 2011-06-10, Luke Macken <lmacken@redhat.com> wrote:
>> * Buildroot Override Management
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bodhi/BuildRootOverrides
> Excuse me for my low knowledge, what is good for?
>
[...]
> Also the bodhi(1) from bodhi-client-0.8.0-1.fc15.noarch does not
> describe the option at all. Could somebody enlighten me?
>
Thank all of you for clarification. I've opened ticket for bodhi
<https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/615> to document it and attached
patch for manual page there.

-- Petr

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org