Old 06-10-2011, 03:01 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

Default Election Results for FESCo and Fedora Board seats

I'm happy to announce the results of our recent round of elections for
at-large seats on the Fedora Board and FESCo, and FAmSCo. The results
are as follows:

FESCo
--------
There were five FESCo seats up for election this cycle. A total of
200 ballots were cast in the FESCo election. Each of the eight
candidates could receive up to 1600 votes (200 ballots multiplied by 8
candidates).

Votes | Candidate
----------------------
1120 | Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
1020 | Bill Nottingham (notting)
764 | Tomáš Mráz (t8m)
699 | Peter Jones (pjones)
567 | Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh)
------------
535 | Kyle McMartin (kylem)
480 | Justin Forbes (jforbes)
398 | Iain Arnell (iarnell)

The top five candidates were Kevin, Bill, Tomáš, Peter, and Stephen.
Each will server a full two-term position on the Fedora Engineering
Steering committee.

* * * * *

Fedora Board
-----------------
There were three open seats on the Fedora Board this election cycle. A
total of 204 ballots were cast. Due to the system of range voting
that we use in Fedora elections, this means that each of the six
candidates could receive up to 224 votes (204 ballots multiplied by 6
candidates).

Votes | Candidate
----------------------
833 | Rex Dieter (rdieter)
608 | Jon Stanley (jds2001)
607 | Peter Robinson (pbrobinson)
------------
421 | Robert 'Bob' Jensen (EvilBob)
367 | Andrea Veri (averi)
274 | Zach Oglesby (zoglesby)

I'm pleased to have Rex and Jon return as members of the Board, and
welcome Peter to the Fedora Board as well. All three of these
individuals will serve full two-term positions on the Fedora Board.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 11:01 -0400, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the results of our recent round of elections for
> at-large seats on the Fedora Board and FESCo, and FAmSCo. The results
> are as follows:
>
> FESCo
> --------
> There were five FESCo seats up for election this cycle. A total of
> 200 ballots were cast in the FESCo election. Each of the eight
> candidates could receive up to 1600 votes (200 ballots multiplied by 8
> candidates).
>
> Votes | Candidate
> ----------------------
> 1120 | Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
> 1020 | Bill Nottingham (notting)
> 764 | Tomáš Mráz (t8m)
> 699 | Peter Jones (pjones)
> 567 | Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh)
> ------------
> 535 | Kyle McMartin (kylem)
> 480 | Justin Forbes (jforbes)
> 398 | Iain Arnell (iarnell)
>
> The top five candidates were Kevin, Bill, Tomáš, Peter, and Stephen.
> Each will server a full two-term position on the Fedora Engineering
> Steering committee.
>
> * * * * *
>
> Fedora Board
> -----------------
> There were three open seats on the Fedora Board this election cycle. A
> total of 204 ballots were cast. Due to the system of range voting
> that we use in Fedora elections, this means that each of the six
> candidates could receive up to 224 votes (204 ballots multiplied by 6
> candidates).
>
> Votes | Candidate
> ----------------------
> 833 | Rex Dieter (rdieter)
> 608 | Jon Stanley (jds2001)
> 607 | Peter Robinson (pbrobinson)
> ------------
> 421 | Robert 'Bob' Jensen (EvilBob)
> 367 | Andrea Veri (averi)
> 274 | Zach Oglesby (zoglesby)
>
> I'm pleased to have Rex and Jon return as members of the Board, and
> welcome Peter to the Fedora Board as well. All three of these
> individuals will serve full two-term positions on the Fedora Board.
>
> --
> Jared Smith
> Fedora Project Leader
I have to ask. If 204 ballots are cast how can anyone candidate get more
that 204 votes? Your explanation above does not explain this adequately.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Konstantin Svist

On 06/10/2011 01:19 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I have to ask. If 204 ballots are cast how can anyone candidate get more
> that 204 votes? Your explanation above does not explain this adequately.

I think the answer is obvious: everyone is equal, but some are more
equal than others

Old 06-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:19:22 -0500, AK wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 11:01 -0400, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> > I'm happy to announce the results of our recent round of elections for
> > at-large seats on the Fedora Board and FESCo, and FAmSCo. The results
> > are as follows:
> >
> > FESCo
> > --------
> > There were five FESCo seats up for election this cycle. A total of
> > 200 ballots were cast in the FESCo election. Each of the eight
> > candidates could receive up to 1600 votes (200 ballots multiplied by 8
> > candidates).
> >
> > Votes | Candidate
> > ----------------------
> > 1120 | Kevin Fenzi (nirik)
> > 1020 | Bill Nottingham (notting)
> > 764 | Tomáš Mráz (t8m)
> > 699 | Peter Jones (pjones)
> > 567 | Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh)
> > ------------
> > 535 | Kyle McMartin (kylem)
> > 480 | Justin Forbes (jforbes)
> > 398 | Iain Arnell (iarnell)
> >
> > The top five candidates were Kevin, Bill, Tomáš, Peter, and Stephen.
> > Each will server a full two-term position on the Fedora Engineering
> > Steering committee.
> >
> > * * * * *
> >
> > Fedora Board
> > -----------------
> > There were three open seats on the Fedora Board this election cycle. A
> > total of 204 ballots were cast. Due to the system of range voting
> > that we use in Fedora elections, this means that each of the six
> > candidates could receive up to 224 votes (204 ballots multiplied by 6
> > candidates).
> >
> > Votes | Candidate
> > ----------------------
> > 833 | Rex Dieter (rdieter)
> > 608 | Jon Stanley (jds2001)
> > 607 | Peter Robinson (pbrobinson)
> > ------------
> > 421 | Robert 'Bob' Jensen (EvilBob)
> > 367 | Andrea Veri (averi)
> > 274 | Zach Oglesby (zoglesby)
> >
> > I'm pleased to have Rex and Jon return as members of the Board, and
> > welcome Peter to the Fedora Board as well. All three of these
> > individuals will serve full two-term positions on the Fedora Board.
> >
> > --
> > Jared Smith
> > Fedora Project Leader
> I have to ask. If 204 ballots are cast how can anyone candidate get more
> that 204 votes? Your explanation above does not explain this adequately.

204*6=1224 : typo in the mail you replied to

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Contributor_Documentation/1/html/Fedora_Elections_Guide/index.html