FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Tom Callaway
 
Default Package Reviews Needed

As usual, I will swap reviews or favors (within limits) for reviews on
some new packages for me:

mono-reflection:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=711181

pyrit:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=691894

gambas3:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=710203

As soon as I clarify the licensing, I will also have
gnome-shell-extension-pidgin up for review.

~tom

==
Fedora Project
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Garrett Holmstrom
 
Default Package Reviews Needed

On 2011-06-06 11:17, Tom Callaway wrote:
> As usual, I will swap reviews or favors (within limits) for reviews on
> some new packages for me:
>
> mono-reflection:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=711181
>
> pyrit:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=691894
>
> gambas3:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=710203
>
> As soon as I clarify the licensing, I will also have
> gnome-shell-extension-pidgin up for review.

I can have a look at pyrit. I need to iron out some issues with my next
package submission before I can ask anyone to review anything for me,
though.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Kevin Kofler
 
Default Package Reviews Needed

Tom Callaway wrote:
> pyrit:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=691894

<SARCASM>Oh great, because a tool to parasite wireless connections which the
owners went out of the way to secure with the best available protocol is
EXACTLY what we need…</SARCASM>

Use of this tool is probably against the law in most of the world. (Some
countries even ban using unencrypted wireless networks without explicit
permission.) And I fail to see any legitimate use for this tool.

Kevin Kofler

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Casey Dahlin
 
Default Package Reviews Needed

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 03:12:19PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Tom Callaway wrote:
> > pyrit:
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=691894
>
> <SARCASM>Oh great, because a tool to parasite wireless connections which the
> owners went out of the way to secure with the best available protocol is
> EXACTLY what we need…</SARCASM>
>
> Use of this tool is probably against the law in most of the world. (Some
> countries even ban using unencrypted wireless networks without explicit
> permission.) And I fail to see any legitimate use for this tool.
>

White hats and black hats require the exact same tools to do their job.
Penetration testing is a huge part of what security researchers do.

--CJD
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"
 
Default Package Reviews Needed

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 03:12:19PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Tom Callaway wrote:
> > pyrit:
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=691894
>
> <SARCASM>Oh great, because a tool to parasite wireless connections which the
> owners went out of the way to secure with the best available protocol is
> EXACTLY what we need…</SARCASM>
>
> Use of this tool is probably against the law in most of the world. (Some
> countries even ban using unencrypted wireless networks without explicit
> permission.) And I fail to see any legitimate use for this tool.

I don't think we should be making judgements about what people use
programs for. Otherwise where will it end? 'nmap'? 'cp'?

(And yes, I *do* want to run this tool on my own wireless connection
at some point now I know it exists)

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
virt-top is 'top' for virtual machines. Tiny program with many
powerful monitoring features, net stats, disk stats, logging, etc.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 06-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Athmane Madjoudj
 
Default Package Reviews Needed

On 06/07/2011 12:29 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 03:12:19PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Tom Callaway wrote:
>>> pyrit:
>>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=691894
>>
>> <SARCASM>Oh great, because a tool to parasite wireless connections which the
>> owners went out of the way to secure with the best available protocol is
>> EXACTLY what we need…</SARCASM>
>>
>> Use of this tool is probably against the law in most of the world. (Some
>> countries even ban using unencrypted wireless networks without explicit
>> permission.) And I fail to see any legitimate use for this tool.
>
> I don't think we should be making judgements about what people use
> programs for. Otherwise where will it end? 'nmap'? 'cp'?
>
> (And yes, I *do* want to run this tool on my own wireless connection
> at some point now I know it exists)
>

This remind me SQLninja issue, BTW we should not ban security auditing
apps if they meet fedora standards.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2010-11-08
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=637402


--
Athmane Madjoudj
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org