Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Ville Skyttä

Default problem with packaging Java program (clapham) for EL6: noarch vs. ExclusiveArch

On 05/01/2011 09:46 AM, Eric Smith wrote:

> package: clapham-0.1.003-4.el6.noarch from fedora-epel-testing-6-ppc64
> unresolved deps:
> java>= 1:1.6.0

This is not an answer to your question, but if the above is exactly as
is from the mail you received, something needs a fix: the dependency is
"java >= 1:1.6.0", not "java>= 1:1.6.0".

$ rpm -qRp
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/clapham/0.1.003/4.el6/noarch/clapham-0.1.003-4.el6.noarch.rpm
| grep java
java >= 1:1.6.0

Old 05-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Eric Smith

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> This is not an answer to your question, but if the above is exactly as
> is from the mail you received, something needs a fix: the dependency is
> "java>= 1:1.6.0", not "java>= 1:1.6.0".
Although I used cut-and-paste to copy the error message into the email I
sent, it somehow got munged. The necessary space between "java" and
">=" was present.

Thanks!
Eric

Old 05-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Eric Smith

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> AFAIK, you can only use ExcludeArch for noarch packages, not
ExclusiveArch.

A search reveals that Matthias Saou ran into this problem in 2007:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-May/msg00738.html
It was recommended that a ticket be opened against koji, but I can't
find any evidence that it was done, so I've just created one:
https://fedorahosted.org/koji/ticket/210

For now, I guess I'll just have to put a long list of ExcludeArch in the
spec.

Thanks!
Eric