FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Phillip Lynn
 
Default incompatible KDE library errors

All,

After updating my system two days ago I have been having errors when
running vlc, system settings to name a couple. Below is some of what I
am seeing in my .xsession-errors file. I am not sure where to continue
looking to try and correct these errors. I have tried gnome and xcfe
desktop environments, and they are working with out errors. It is only
when I am using KDE.

Thanks,

Phillip Lynn

[plynn55@plynn55 ~]$ less .xsession-errors
startkde: Starting up...
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kded(5360) Kded::loadModule: Could not load library
"kded_device_automounter" . [ "The plugin 'kded_device_automounter' uses
an incompatible KDE library (4.6.2 (4.6.2))." ]
kded(5360) Kded::loadModule: Could not load library
"kded_statusnotifierwatcher" . [ "The plugin
'kded_statusnotifierwatcher' uses an incompatible KDE library (4.6.2
(4.6.2))." ]
kded(5360) Kded::loadModule: Could not load library "kded_powerdevil" .
[ "The plugin 'kded_powerdevil' uses an incompatible KDE library (4.6.2
(4.6.2))." ]
kded(5360) Kded::loadModule: Could not load library "kded_keyboard" .
[ "The plugin 'kded_keyboard' uses an incompatible KDE library (4.6.2
(4.6.2))." ]
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Rex Dieter
 
Default incompatible KDE library errors

Phillip Lynn wrote:

> All,
>
> After updating my system two days ago I have been having errors when
> running vlc, system settings to name a couple. Below is some of what I
> am seeing in my .xsession-errors file. I am not sure where to continue
> looking to try and correct these errors. I have tried gnome and xcfe
> desktop environments, and they are working with out errors. It is only
> when I am using KDE.

I'd suggest :

1. post the output of:
rpm -q qt kdelibs kdebase kdebase-runtime

2. try running:
kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental

3. is this reproducible by > 1 user on this same box?

-- Rex

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Phillip Lynn
 
Default incompatible KDE library errors

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 09:20 -0400, Phillip Lynn wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 07:33 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Phillip Lynn wrote:
> >
> > > All,
> > >
> > > After updating my system two days ago I have been having errors when
> > > running vlc, system settings to name a couple. Below is some of what I
> > > am seeing in my .xsession-errors file. I am not sure where to continue
> > > looking to try and correct these errors. I have tried gnome and xcfe
> > > desktop environments, and they are working with out errors. It is only
> > > when I am using KDE.
> >
> > I'd suggest :
> >
> > 1. post the output of:
> > rpm -q qt kdelibs kdebase kdebase-runtime
> >
> > 2. try running:
> > kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
> >
> > 3. is this reproducible by > 1 user on this same box?
> >
> > -- Rex
> >
>
> 1.
>
> [plynn55@plynn55 ~]$ rpm -q qt kdelibs kdebase kdebase-runtime
> qt-4.7.2-8.fc14.x86_64
> qt-4.7.2-8.fc14.i686
> kdelibs-4.6.2-1.fc14.x86_64
> kdebase-4.6.2-1.fc14.x86_64
> kdebase-runtime-4.6.2-1.fc14.x86_64
>
> After running the rpm I did a yum remove qt-4.7.2-8.fc14.i686. Still had
> the same issues.
>
> 2.
>
> kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
>
> [plynn55@plynn55 ~]$ kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
> kbuildsycoca4 running...
> kbuildsycoca4(9611) VFolderMenu::loadDoc: Parse error in
> "/home/plynn55/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line 1 , col 1 : "unexpected end of file"
> kbuildsycoca4(9611) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry
> Categories in "AmnesiaTheDarkDescentDemo.desktop" is not compliant with
> XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
> kbuildsycoca4(9611) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry
> Categories in "AmnesiaTheDarkDescentDemoManual.desktop" is not compliant
> with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
> kbuildsycoca4(9611) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry
> Categories in "Google-googleearth.desktop" is not compliant with XDG
> standard (missing trailing semicolon).
> kbuildsycoca4(9611) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType
> in "Google-googleearth.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard
> (missing trailing semicolon).
> kbuildsycoca4(9611) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry MimeType
> in ".hidden/kmdr-executor.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard
> (missing trailing semicolon).
> kbuildsycoca4(9611)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The
> desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/kde/khtml_filter.desktop"
> has Type= "Application" but also has a X-KDE-Library key. This works for
> now, but makes user-preference handling difficult, so support for this
> might be removed at some point. Consider splitting it into two desktop
> files.
> kbuildsycoca4(9611)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The
> desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/kde/bell.desktop" has Type=
> "Application" but also has a X-KDE-Library key. This works for now, but
> makes user-preference handling difficult, so support for this might be
> removed at some point. Consider splitting it into two desktop files.
> <snip>
>
> There was a long list of .desktop issues so I cut it short.
>
>
>
> 3. yes logged in as a new user and same issue.
>
>
> I am thinking about logging in gnome and removing kde and re-installing
> it. What do you think about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phillip Lynn
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

All,

My system is back and running. I found I had several old kde rpms on
my system. I ran "rpm -qa | grep kde | grep i686", then removed the old
KDE rpms. Still having problems, removed KDE, reinstalled KDE several
times was using yumex, and the group KDE keep giving me an incorrect
install. I used "sudo yum groupinstall KDE" , then system installed
correctly.

Rebooted, still had a problem KDE was really slow, unusable! Found a
post online about kde4.6 being slow, same problem I was having. first
they said to kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental which I had done earlier this
morning. So I did the second thing which was to run
"rm -rf /var/tmp/kdecache-'usrname'". After this I rebooted my system
and all appears to be working... Thanks to those who replied with
suggestions.

Thanks,

Phillip Lynn

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org