Old 04-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Andy Grimm

Default Self (Re)Introduction

Hello, all.* A brief bio on me:

I started using Red Hat Linux in college in 1997.** I spent half a decade
as a Linux sys admin, and long ago I used to lurk in #redhat and #fedora
giving tech support to new users.* I first met some of these fine Fedora

folks at FUDCon 2005. I finally signed up to be a Fedora contributor while
at Ingres in 2007, but that didn't go quite as I expected, and I never
submitted packages for review.** I left Ingres for rPath, where I spent

four years doing support and sustaining engineering for rPath Linux,
Conary, and other rPath software; related to that, I've run Foresight
Linux on my laptop for a while, so I'm still catching up on some the

changes in the world of Fedora since 2007.* This month, I joined
Eucalyptus as a release engineer, and Garrett Holmstrom and I plan to
co-maintain various Eucalyptus-related packages and their dependencies.*
I also hope to make other contributions as time permits.

--Andy

Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Hans de Goede

Hi,

On 04/29/2011 01:19 AM, Andy Grimm wrote:
> Hello, all. A brief bio on me:
>
> I started using Red Hat Linux in college in 1997. I spent half a decade
> as a Linux sys admin, and long ago I used to lurk in #redhat and #fedora
> giving tech support to new users. I first met some of these fine Fedora
> folks at FUDCon 2005. I finally signed up to be a Fedora contributor while
> at Ingres in 2007, but that didn't go quite as I expected, and I never
> submitted packages for review. I left Ingres for rPath, where I spent
> four years doing support and sustaining engineering for rPath Linux,
> Conary, and other rPath software; related to that, I've run Foresight
> Linux on my laptop for a while, so I'm still catching up on some the
> changes in the world of Fedora since 2007. This month, I joined
> Eucalyptus as a release engineer, and Garrett Holmstrom and I plan to
> co-maintain various Eucalyptus-related packages and their dependencies.
> I also hope to make other contributions as time permits.

Welcome!

Regards,

Hans

Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:19:29 -0400
Andy Grimm <agrimm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, all. A brief bio on me:
>
> I started using Red Hat Linux in college in 1997. I spent half a
> decade as a Linux sys admin, and long ago I used to lurk in #redhat
> and #fedora giving tech support to new users. I first met some of
> these fine Fedora folks at FUDCon 2005. I finally signed up to be a
> Fedora contributor while at Ingres in 2007, but that didn't go quite
> as I expected, and I never submitted packages for review. I left
> Ingres for rPath, where I spent four years doing support and
> sustaining engineering for rPath Linux, Conary, and other rPath
> software; related to that, I've run Foresight Linux on my laptop for
> a while, so I'm still catching up on some the changes in the world of
> Fedora since 2007. This month, I joined Eucalyptus as a release
> engineer, and Garrett Holmstrom and I plan to co-maintain various
> Eucalyptus-related packages and their dependencies. I also hope to
> make other contributions as time permits.

Welcome. I look forward to seeing Eucalyptus in Fedora and EPEL.

kevin