Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Ray Strode

Default tomboy orphaned

Hey guys,

A long, long time ago (before the extras/core merge in fact i think) i
was given tomboy to help spread the influx of mono packages across
desktop team.

IIt's a neat program, but I don't really use it. I'm more of a
send-myself-email/scribble-on-whiteboard kind of guy. I'm also not
very good about maintaining it.

I've orphaned it now. If anyone is interested in it, feel free to take it.

--Ray

Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Steven Yong

On Apr 27, 2011 11:30 PM, "Ray Strode" <halfline@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,

> A long, long time ago (before the extras/core merge in fact i think) i

> was given tomboy to help spread the influx of mono packages across

> desktop team.

> IIt's a neat program, but I don't really use it. I'm more of a

> send-myself-email/scribble-on-whiteboard kind of guy. *I'm also not

> very good about maintaining it.

> I've orphaned it now. *If anyone is interested in it, feel free to take it.

> --Ray

> --

I use it everyday and I am a C/C++ programmer. What is the requirement for the role?

Steven

Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Steven Yong

Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Mike McLean

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Steven Yong <woongiap@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use it everyday and I am a C/C++ programmer. What is the requirement for
> the role?

note that tomboy is a Mono app

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

You can skip the stuff about adding your package since tomboy is
already in Fedora.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Steven Yong

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Mike McLean <mikem@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Steven Yong <woongiap@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use it everyday and I am a C/C++ programmer. What is the requirement for
>> the role?
>
> note that tomboy is a Mono app
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>
> You can skip the stuff about adding your package since tomboy is
> already in Fedora.
> --
I did go through the wiki and have all the accounts and dev tools setup.
But the wiki doesn't seem to mention about taking over maintainership.
Did I miss out any step?

Steven

Old 04-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Mat Booth

On 28 April 2011 17:24, Steven Yong <woongiap@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Mike McLean <mikem@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Steven Yong <woongiap@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I use it everyday and I am a C/C++ programmer. What is the requirement for
>>> the role?
>>
>> note that tomboy is a Mono app
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>>
>> You can skip the stuff about adding your package since tomboy is
>> already in Fedora.
>> --
> I did go through the wiki and have all the accounts and dev tools setup.
> But the wiki doesn't seem to mention about taking over maintainership.
> Did I miss out any step?

Just click "Take Ownership" on the package:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/tomboy

Note that you must already be a Fedora contributor.

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

Old 04-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 17:30:25 +0100,
Mat Booth <fedora@matbooth.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28 April 2011 17:24, Steven Yong <woongiap@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just click "Take Ownership" on the package:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/tomboy
>
> Note that you must already be a Fedora contributor.

You need to already be a packager. If not, then you first need to get
sponsored. Usually you become one by submitting new packages, but more work
has been done lately on codifying the process for starting with an existing
package.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Pete Zaitcev

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:08:05 +0800
Steven Yong <woongiap@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2011 11:30 PM, "Ray Strode" <halfline@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use it everyday and I am a C/C++ programmer. What is the requirement for
> the role?

Just use Gnote. It being in C++ you can even maintain it for Fedora.

-- Pete

Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Steven Yong

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> You need to already be a packager. If not, then you first need to get
> sponsored. Usually you become one by submitting new packages, but more work
> has been done lately on codifying the process for starting with an existing
> package.
> --
Okay I got it. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Steven Yong

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev@redhat.com> wrote:

> Just use Gnote. It being in C++ you can even maintain it for Fedora.

Is Gnote orphaned now too?