Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Andrew Haley

Default GNOME 3 Fallback Mode

I'm trying to run F15 beta LiveCD in a virtual machine, but I get
a complaint that GNOME 3 failed to load and is running in fallback
mode. Is there any way to make it work properly when virtualized?

Andrew.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
drago01

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to run F15 beta LiveCD in a virtual machine, but I get
> a complaint that GNOME 3 failed to load and is running in fallback
> mode. *Is there any way to make it work properly when virtualized?

Not yet ... the VM has to provide proper 3D acceleration for it to work.
Ajax has been working on making it run on software rendering, once his
work is finished it should be able to run in VMs.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Andrew Haley

On 04/27/2011 11:35 AM, drago01 wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to run F15 beta LiveCD in a virtual machine, but I get
>> a complaint that GNOME 3 failed to load and is running in fallback
>> mode. Is there any way to make it work properly when virtualized?
>
> Not yet ... the VM has to provide proper 3D acceleration for it to work.
> Ajax has been working on making it run on software rendering, once his
> work is finished it should be able to run in VMs.

I see. This is a bit unfortunate from a beta testing point of view: I
can't be the only one who tests preview releases in a VM.

Andrew.