Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Julian Sikorski

Default packages moving from gconf to gsettings

Dear List,

I was just trying to update gnome-mplayer (not in fedora, but that is
irrelevant) which migrated from gconf to gsettings. The problem is, that
the standard scriptlets [1] do not run on upgrades, leaving the package
in a not working state (not running even).
I think it would be good to establish some guidelines to handle such
cases, since packages moving from gconf to gsettings are likely to
become more and more common.

Cheers,
Julian

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#GSettings_Schema

Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Julian Sikorski

W dniu 14.04.2011 00:38, Julian Sikorski pisze:
> Dear List,
>
> I was just trying to update gnome-mplayer (not in fedora, but that is
> irrelevant) which migrated from gconf to gsettings. The problem is, that
> the standard scriptlets [1] do not run on upgrades, leaving the package
> in a not working state (not running even).
> I think it would be good to establish some guidelines to handle such
> cases, since packages moving from gconf to gsettings are likely to
> become more and more common.
>
> Cheers,
> Julian
>
> [1]
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#GSettings_Schema

I came up with the following, please let me know what you think:

%postun
if [ $1 -eq 0 ] ; then
glib-compile-schemas %{_datadir}/glib-2.0/schemas &> /dev/null || :
fi

%posttrans

Old 04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Christopher Aillon

On 04/13/2011 03:38 PM, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I was just trying to update gnome-mplayer (not in fedora, but that is
> irrelevant) which migrated from gconf to gsettings. The problem is, that
> the standard scriptlets [1] do not run on upgrades, leaving the package
> in a not working state (not running even).
> I think it would be good to establish some guidelines to handle such
> cases, since packages moving from gconf to gsettings are likely to
> become more and more common.
>
> Cheers,
> Julian
>
> [1]
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#GSettings_Schema

You should probably send this to the packaging list