Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Chris Smart

Default Firefox releases, going forward

Given that Mozilla is dramatically changing the development of Firefox
and making releases much more frequent - i.e. Firefox 5 due in July, 6
later in the year, are Firefox updates going to change in Fedora? Are
we still going to stick with the major version series at the time of
Fedora release, or are we thinking about a more rolling release
system?

I'm assuming this will ultimately depend on the changes Firefox pushes
and their effects on system libraries, but just curious.

-c

Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Chris Smart

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Chris Smart
<fedora@christophersmart.com> wrote:
> Given that Mozilla is dramatically changing the development of Firefox
> and making releases much more frequent - i.e. Firefox 5 due in July, 6

Further:
http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/04/13/new-channels-for-firefox-rapid-releases/

-c

Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 AM