Old 04-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Michael Schwendt

Default bodhi auto-obsoleting disabled?

Caution, everyone!

It seems that bodhi no longer obsoletes update tickets when submitting
newer ones. Currently, there are several competing test-updates, where
a ticket exists for an old and a new release. But only the older release
is found in the repo actually due to a bug in bodhi (either regression
or still unfixed, but it has been reported long ago). E.g. libchamplain
and libinfinity.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:27:05 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Caution, everyone!
>
> It seems that bodhi no longer obsoletes update tickets when submitting
> newer ones. Currently, there are several competing test-updates, where
> a ticket exists for an old and a new release. But only the older
> release is found in the repo actually due to a bug in bodhi (either
> regression or still unfixed, but it has been reported long ago). E.g.
> libchamplain and libinfinity.

Auto obsoletes haven't been disabled... it looks like the old
libchamplain had a stable request already on it, then the new one was
submitted. Bodhi won't obsolete a update that has a pending request on
it. ;(

This sort of thing is more likely to happen in freezes. ;(

kevin

Old 04-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:53:24 -0600, Kevin wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:27:05 +0200
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > Caution, everyone!
> >
> > It seems that bodhi no longer obsoletes update tickets when submitting
> > newer ones. Currently, there are several competing test-updates, where
> > a ticket exists for an old and a new release. But only the older
> > release is found in the repo actually due to a bug in bodhi (either
> > regression or still unfixed, but it has been reported long ago). E.g.
> > libchamplain and libinfinity.
>
> Auto obsoletes haven't been disabled... it looks like the old
> libchamplain had a stable request already on it,

No, you're misreading things:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libchamplain-0.9.1-1.fc15
* bodhi - 2011-04-03 15:34:42
This update has been submitted for testing by pbrobinson.
* bodhi - 2011-04-09 12:44:46
This update has been submitted for stable by pbrobinson.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libchamplain-0.10.0-1.fc15
* bodhi - 2011-04-05 15:18:39
This update has been submitted for testing by tbzatek.
* bodhi - 2011-04-11 09:18:46
This update has been submitted for stable by tbzatek.

> then the new one was
> submitted. Bodhi won't obsolete a update that has a pending request on
> it. ;(
>
> This sort of thing is more likely to happen in freezes. ;(

Bad, bad, bad. No response to my comments inside those bodhi tickets.
Meanwhile, both packages have been requested to be pushed to stable,
but one of them has never been in updates-testing.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Michael Schwendt

And here's the analysis for libinfinity:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libinfinity-0.5.0-1.fc15
* bodhi - 2011-04-05 13:10:32
This update has been submitted for testing by tbzatek.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libinfinity-0.5.0-2.fc15
* bodhi - 2011-04-05 13:51:07
This update has been submitted for testing by tbzatek.

No auto-obsoleting.

And only 0.5.0-1.fc15 (the old one with broken deps) has ever appeared
in the updates-testing repo. For the newer one,

* bodhi - 2011-04-05 20:20:21
This update has been pushed to testing

isn't true, because it still isn't found in updates-testing.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 AM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:28:44 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:53:24 -0600, Kevin wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:27:05 +0200
> > Michael Schwendt wrote:
> >
> > > Caution, everyone!
> > >
> > > It seems that bodhi no longer obsoletes update tickets when
> > > submitting newer ones. Currently, there are several competing
> > > test-updates, where a ticket exists for an old and a new release.
> > > But only the older release is found in the repo actually due to a
> > > bug in bodhi (either regression or still unfixed, but it has been
> > > reported long ago). E.g. libchamplain and libinfinity.
> >
> > Auto obsoletes haven't been disabled... it looks like the old
> > libchamplain had a stable request already on it,
>
> No, you're misreading things:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libchamplain-0.9.1-1.fc15
> * bodhi - 2011-04-03 15:34:42
> This update has been submitted for testing by pbrobinson.
> * bodhi - 2011-04-09 12:44:46
> This update has been submitted for stable by pbrobinson.
>

> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libchamplain-0.10.0-1.fc15
> * bodhi - 2011-04-05 15:18:39
> This update has been submitted for testing by tbzatek.
> * bodhi - 2011-04-11 09:18:46
> This update has been submitted for stable by tbzatek.

So I am. Odd. ;(

> Bad, bad, bad. No response to my comments inside those bodhi tickets.
> Meanwhile, both packages have been requested to be pushed to stable,
> but one of them has never been in updates-testing.

Yeah, I am going to mail them both, but perhaps we should revoke both
requests until they sort it out. ;(

kevin