Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Stephen John Smoogen

Default Outage: hosted servers 2011-04-12 04:00 UTC

There will be an outage starting at 2011-04-12 04:00 UTC, which will last
approximately 6 hours.

To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
or run:

date -d ' 2011-04-12 04:00 UTC'

Reason for outage:

Serverbeach (our service provider for our hosted and other servers)
are upgrading switches in their San Antonio (SAT) Datacenter. The
outage for our systems are supposed to be 15 minutes but can be
anywhere within that 6 hours.

Affected Services:

Email system
Fedora Hosted - https://fedorahosted.org/
Fedora People - http://fedorapeople.org/

Unaffected Services:

Most services should stay up, however various items depending on
fedorahosted will be affected (which may then affect other services,
etc etc.)

Contact Information:

Please join #fedora-admin in irc.freenode.net or respond to this email to
track the status of this outage.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren