Old 04-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Tim Niemueller

Default Lua packaging proposal: lua(abi)

On 05.04.2011 18:29, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> When Lua 5.2 comes out, and we'd need to rebuild all the Lua modules
> anyway, should we make the lua package virtually provide lua(abi) = 5.2 ?
>
> It'd make it easier, when the next change comes (5.3 or 6.0) to make
> sure that yum/RPM would not just silently perform a partial upgrade and
> we're left with some non-functioning Lua modules.

Sounds reasonable to me, especially since such Lua upgrades tend to
break things. The upgrade will be for F-16 at the earliest though and it
should be a regular feature, exactly because it will break stuff.

Tim

--
Tim Niemueller <tim@niemueller.de> www.niemueller.de