Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Michel Alexandre Salim

Default Lua packaging proposal: lua(abi)

When Lua 5.2 comes out, and we'd need to rebuild all the Lua modules
anyway, should we make the lua package virtually provide lua(abi) = 5.2 ?

It'd make it easier, when the next change comes (5.3 or 6.0) to make
sure that yum/RPM would not just silently perform a partial upgrade and
we're left with some non-functioning Lua modules.

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
GPG key ID: 78884778